My new Vanda's leaves are turning YELLOW!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good news!! I have just noticed that there is a new sub-root beginning to form on the longest root!! Yeah, thanks everyone for all of your help. I know that I am not out of the woods yet but it is a start is it not?

:D :D

Also what is the make up of Orchid Focus fertilizer and the mineral composition of your water that you mix it in?

Most fertilizers on the market have way too much K for orchids if you are mixing it in soft or RO waters.

Vanda's do suck up a fair amount of N when in active growth, but they need very little K, which can be antagonistic to other nutrients when in excess.

All of my vandaceous plants have improved considerably after reducing K in the diet.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. My notification has stopped working for this site! Um, let's see, my water is very hard; 275 ppm, degrees clark 19.3, degress German 15.4, degrees french 27.6, over all raing is HARD.

Orchid Focus grow has; 2.2-1.2-2.1

I have no idea if it is good or not for my Vanda but it was recommended to me. My Vanda has stopped shedding leaves now and it is working on a new one. Roots are active again as well. I can't thank you guys enough.

I get you, I have reduced it now to about five minutes. I can still see healthy green tips growing so I am happy with that.

Back