My New Carnivorous Plant Collection :D

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yoyo_Jo

Catt's Meow
Reaction score
My ping:
Mexican_Butterwort.jpg

Red form of Venus Flytrap, Dionaea muscipula
Venus_Flytrap_Red.jpg

Sundew, Drosera paradoxa
Drosera_paradoxa_Sundew.jpg

Sundew, Drosera venusta
Drosera_Venusta_Sundew.jpg

Venus Flytrap, Dionaea muscipula 'B-52'
Venus_Flytrap_B52.jpg

Hubby is worried that the ping is hogging all the food...:rollhappy:

Great photos and lovely plants!

I'm just starting to love my bug eaters. I have 10 pings, all in bud, and a Venus Fly Trap about to bloom. I also have a Nepenthes that is doing nothing but grow, but of course not growing pitchers.

They're fun plants, all of them. My plants are doing their job and eating all those pesky flies and it looks like yours are too!

Nice, but...at first I wondered where you got all the plants. [You hardly see CP's around here] Then I wondered where you got all the flies!? :poke:

Nice, but...at first I wondered where you got all the plants. [You hardly see CP's around here] Then I wondered where you got all the flies!? :poke:

:poke: They're fungus gnats; probably first came in the house a year ago on an office plant that I rescued. And they like my growing room because it has lots of nice humid places for them to live; they don't seem to be in my orchids, but they love all the seedlings I'm growing to put outdoors if we ever get spring here.

I got all the CP's at one of our greenhouses; I have never seen so many CP's in one place. I think they originated here:
http://www.keehnscarnivores.com/Onlinesales.htm

YoyoJo, I can see you bought the red flytrap for only $12...:D that's kinda cheap... N your plants still have summer leaves... flytraps here are starting to go dormant... I just bought a small green one for $3, n was advised to keep it drier for the winter... I'm so jealous you even have dionaea 'B52'... :p that's the variety with the largest traps, I think... Gud growing..! :)

Latest posts

Back