my new addition

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

Pyschopsis Mendenhall 'Monarch' AM/AOS (Butterfly x papillo), another member put my over the edge - couldn't resist! It has a double spike, the other hasn't opened yet.

Lovely!

If you've not had these before: Don't cut off the spike when the flower drops because they keep on producing flowers, maybe for years. Sort of like Phrags.

Thanks for the reminder, it's been a long time, as I killed my first one after blooming. (Thought it needed a bigger pot). I won't make that mistake again!

have a question, if the bud which was growing on one of the spikes blasted, would there still be another flower coming from the spike ever or is that spike 'killed'?

Nice! I have Physchopsis Kalihii with 2 (possibly 3) spikes and would love a couple more.

Even if you accidentally snap the spike (easy to do) it should branch off and continue blooming. It might take months though.

Thanks, after all you were the one that put me over the edge! As I indicated I think my sanderae needs another year, I saw this & couldn't refuse. The bad news is the bud on that second spike blasted, but I'm leaving it alone, I know better!

4 1/2" pot, leaves are 9-10" long. It only has 2 bulbs, both spikes are coming off the largest one.

Latest posts

Back