My multiflorals and roths crosses in bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love those Paphs!!! But the idea of collecting the flies for the frogs is awakesome, for me, in Cuba, where nobody make things like this, is incredible. Could you explain me, please, how you do the mixture in fruits for collecting the flies, please?

The flies are not collected, laboratory strain flightless flies are cultured on a mix that is usually based on potato with brewer's yeast and other supplements mixed in. The flies lay their eggs, the larvae eat the mix until they hatch out and then those flies are used to feed the frogs and start fresh cultures. Wild flies getting in is actually a problem because they will cause the whole culture to start producing winged flies.

Super plants very well grown.
is it just me or do others think that JB x roth is no advance over pure JB?
The best JBs are breathtaking but I’ve yet to see one from this cross in the same league,
David

Super plants very well grown.
is it just me or do others think that JB x roth is no advance over pure JB?
The best JBs are breathtaking but I’ve yet to see one from this cross in the same league,
David

I have bloomed a few and have a handful more yet to bloom, so far I'm inclined to agree. They're not bad flowers and I think there may be award potential when they start reblooming on bigger plants but if I had to make space they would be on the chopping block before a good JB/WBW for sure. Part of me wants to breed one back to anitum just to be an ass 😂

Attachments

• received_646343255910593.jpeg
    received_646343255910593.jpeg
    233.5 KB · Views: 8
  • received_1345107402365599.jpeg
    received_1345107402365599.jpeg
    239.4 KB · Views: 9
The roths is definitely a keeper..... I will be happy if I have one like that.

Are all these multiflolar paphs grown under the light?
That's a good question. I also would like to know. Especially the type of light. This one looks like flouroscent lights were used. For strapped leaf paphs, I would like to know if that kind of light will do it.

Latest posts

Back