My monster kolopakingii var. topperi

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really is a big fine plant and great flowers. Wonderful! Great growing! I saw from your pictures, that you have also other Paphs blooming and some other orchids. There were one with orange flowers. Sorry to ask, but what does that LP mean?
LP means leave span. Yes, there are lots of paphs in spike now in my green house as it is the blooming season for my multi floral Paph collection.

Thank you Camellkc for the info. Hopefully one day I will remember all these shortenings and what they mean.
Your kolopakingii has already very good amount of flowers per spike. I remember reading, that it can make/produce from 5 to even 19 flowers per spike. That last amount must be some kind of record, but 14-15 is possible. They say, it also has the argest amount of flowers open at the same time in the genus. And is one of the biggest plants too. Yours is already very big in size. 👍

Thank you Camellkc for the info. Hopefully one day I will remember all these shortenings and what they mean.
Your kolopakingii has already very good amount of flowers per spike. I remember reading, that it can make/produce from 5 to even 19 flowers per spike. That last amount must be some kind of record, but 14-15 is possible. They say, it also has the argest amount of flowers open at the same time in the genus. And is one of the biggest plants too. Yours is already very big in size. 👍
I think it is extremely difficult for a cultivated kolopakingii to produce more than 10 flowers per spike. It is not impossible but extremely difficult to achieve. I think 8-9 flowers per spike is the maximum count for my clone as you can see it is already a well matured plant that growing robustly in a huge clump with shiny leaves. The count may only be increased a little bit up to ten if all nutrients concentrates on one single spike but not diversified to two or three spikes each time.

Yes, that is true what you said. I meant that comment in general. Yours is already very big and beautiful, and your flower count is already impressive amount enough. I'm really happy for you, you have done great job IMHO. I wish you a very good luck in the future too. Hopefully we get to see some pics in the coming years also. 🤗
I wish you and others who happen to see this, a very happy Easter! 😁

Latest posts

Back