My Mexipedium is *still* blooming, but I repotted it anyway...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally, wouldn't grow in Sphagnum.
It's not a boggy species, from what I know, there's a definite winter dryer period in its' native habitat.

Clearly, and I've always felt this way, Marilyn has the culture down, judging by that photo above, so I choose not to mess with what is clearly a good thing for her and I grow it as she does. Our mixes aren't exactly the same but they are similar enough.

Hi,

Great looking plant. It is on my wish list. Hard to get it sent to Thailand though without paying a fortune.

Does anyone here have seed or flask maybe?

I like the Bonsai post method. I will give it a go if I can get some Mexis one day.

Brett

Okay. Bumping this thread because I'm off and running with a division of this plant again. Pictures coming. Figure 5 years later we may as well keep it going!

Planning to grow the same as before. Bonsai pot, same mix, and oyster shell purchased. New division has seven growths, 2 previously bloomed, one in spike, two tiny starts, 2 close to mature.

Ok, here's the new little one. Haven't repotted yet, no good mix around here, had to order.
mexs.jpg

Latest posts

Back