My Mexipedium is *still* blooming, but I repotted it anyway...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
I personally, wouldn't grow in Sphagnum.
It's not a boggy species, from what I know, there's a definite winter dryer period in its' native habitat.

Clearly, and I've always felt this way, Marilyn has the culture down, judging by that photo above, so I choose not to mess with what is clearly a good thing for her and I grow it as she does. Our mixes aren't exactly the same but they are similar enough.

s1214215

Reaction score
Hi,

Great looking plant. It is on my wish list. Hard to get it sent to Thailand though without paying a fortune.

Does anyone here have seed or flask maybe?

I like the Bonsai post method. I will give it a go if I can get some Mexis one day.

Brett

Shadow

Reaction score
thanks! I was adding a bit, but was not sure if I was doing right.

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Okay. Bumping this thread because I'm off and running with a division of this plant again. Pictures coming. Figure 5 years later we may as well keep it going!

Planning to grow the same as before. Bonsai pot, same mix, and oyster shell purchased. New division has seven growths, 2 previously bloomed, one in spike, two tiny starts, 2 close to mature.

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Let's hope I can keep it that way here in Sacto. If the weather would just stay exactly like this (80's, sunny, still humid after recent rain) for the rest of the summer, I'd be happy and more convinced of it.

Latest posts