My Mexipedium is blooming.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
This is Mexipedium xerophyticum ‘Oaxaca’ CBR/AOS

This baby's going to the show table with me this weekend. I am hoping for a ribbon. I don't think anyone in our group has brough one in before, so I am excited to share! :)

b4b07b10.jpg

Last edited:
Heather, I dont think you'll have any problem with a ribbon.

Hey Heather

I just bought a single growth seedling from Doug Matters on the Sunshine coast. How big did your plant have to get to flower?

Cheers
Stephan

Last edited:
Very nice!! Photos of your plant when you get it to the show, please! It's a winner! Barb

:drool: Wow, that's really nice, Heather!! Mine hasn't shown any signs of spiking, but the biggest fan is starting a new little growth at the base of it. Thanks for posting this photo! Barb

Nice plant Heather...never seen a pic of the plant before...now I really want one

Stephan said:
Hey Heather

I just bought a single growth seedling from Doug Matters on the Sunshine coast. How big did your plant have to get to flower?

Cheers
Stephan

Mine first bloomed with 3 growths.

Looks great Heather. Did I see that picture before?

Heather, I don't want to sidetrack but I hope its OK for me to post the photo I took of mine last year, showing the size of the flower?

mexipedium_and_dime.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Rick - no, I took that plant photo yesterday.

Ed - please do!! You are the KING of the Mexipedium photo - in fact I have your photos from last year in my database as my representative photos of the species - yours are the best photos I've seen of them. I am sure others would love to see them.

John - this *is* a neat species! You should really get one. Mine came from Marilyn LeDoux about a year ago and she was very generous! I know she has had some good deals on them lately.

I am so looking forward to going to my society meeting tomorrow and talking it up. I really enjoy bringing in unusual plants. My lindenii is in double spike also but isn't going to bloom in time for tomorrow. Hopefully it will still be in bloom for next month.

Last edited:
Back