My lovely long petaled 'Mr Stinky'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Grandma M

Surprise!!!!!!!!!

ecninolabium - - No long petals, no smell, no pretty colors.

echinolabium11-08-07.jpg

That's not echinolabium. It's mislabeled. Maybe a bulbo guru can tell you what you really have.

I e-mailed this picture to the man I purchased it from. Now I will see what he says about it.

I was so excited to see the bud, what a surprise when I saw this. I have never seen one but this is not what I expected. I was also expecting it to smell awful. This only has a slight scent....not like roses but not bad either.

After all the excitement of waiting for a bloom, what a bummer to have the wrong plant.

Thanks guys.

I have had enough votes for Bulb. carunculatum to make me change the label. I haven't heard from the seller as to what he will say it is. He has 2 different carunculatum on his price list but, unless I hear something differnt from him, my label will just say Bulb. carunculatum.

My plant had just a hand written label in it.

Yeah its a carunculatum right when not in bloom you can't tell the difference between this one and the echinolabium -- nice plant and flower anyway!!

Latest posts

Back