Quantcast

My Living Fire and Phrag sedenii 'wilcox' AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

M

moraru

The Living Fire had a branched spike - and has been in flower for over 3 mos. The Phrag sedenii 'wilcox' has been going over two months!

M

MoreWater

just a little big.....

I love sedenii and I hope mine will bloom again. I made the mistake of repotting it at the wrong time, and then other things intervened.... so it's not too happy with me :(

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
Are you sure about the Sedenii 'Wilcox' I'm not for certain but I think it's Cardinale 'Wilcox' AM/AOS. Cardinale = Sedenii X schlimii. Cardinale has a rolled in lip like your flower. Koopowitz has a nice comparison of the two in his new book on page 366

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Thank heaven's he didn't say "Schlimii 'Wilcox'" the poor dear, we'd be ALL over him. :rollhappy:

I think it is Cardinale, it was awarded mistakenly many many years ago as a "species", which it is not, so that's what we're all talking about....

I'll see what I can do in the morning about re-sizing of the photos - imageshack has been a freakout lately so let's not jump all over people about that please - it may not be their fault. Some things I have uploaded have been fine and others have not - it's supposed to edit them automagically....

Latest posts