My leuco. alba no.3

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tpaphio

Reaction score
leuco.%20alba%20no3._zpsezfzfnh4.jpg

leuco.%20alba%20no.3.1_zpsbcbmwfc0.jpg

Just now blooming and first year flower.
Hope it get better when It's more healthy.

It would look great with some dark burgendy to black. light to heavy spots, the staminode has it's signature nice green spot in the center I see, besides that it looks very thick with substance and nice shape, congrats

very nice....how do you grow leucochilum (normal spotted ones?) can they be exposed to sunlight at all ? I just got 2 leucochilum from the left over plants of the Tamiami show in Florida (imported from Thailand) , the plants have kind of brown areas that appear suddenly, grow bigger and the leaves die .
I wonder wether the plants already infected before imported to the show, or because of temperature , or sun light (however our temperature is not that hot yet , not too much sun light yet either, I don't think it could be more light or hotter than in Thailand) , too little water ? have you seen this kind of problem in Thailand ? and what is it? how to stop it?

The flower is very impressive - but for the correctness - P. leucochilum album doesn't really exist. P. leucochilum is a variety of P. godefroyae, it distinguishs from P. godefroyae by its pure white pouch, so the correct name is P. godefroyae var. leucochilum. That's why you can't differ a P. godefroyae album from a P.leucochilum album, ergo all are P. godefroyae album.

The flower is very impressive - but for the correctness - P. leucochilum album doesn't really exist. P. leucochilum is a variety of P. godefroyae, it distinguishs from P. godefroyae by its pure white pouch, so the correct name is P. godefroyae var. leucochilum. That's why you can't differ a P. godefroyae album from a P.leucochilum album, ergo all are P. godefroyae album.

Yah a lumper!

very nice....how do you grow leucochilum (normal spotted ones?) can they be exposed to sunlight at all ? I just got 2 leucochilum from the left over plants of the Tamiami show in Florida (imported from Thailand) , the plants have kind of brown areas that appear suddenly, grow bigger and the leaves die .
I wonder wether the plants already infected before imported to the show, or because of temperature , or sun light (however our temperature is not that hot yet , not too much sun light yet either, I don't think it could be more light or hotter than in Thailand) , too little water ? have you seen this kind of problem in Thailand ? and what is it? how to stop it?

Hello Hien, I thought that your plant may was impact from the weather there so It's changed to be brown.
I've grew it like the normal p.godefroyae or leucochilum.
The best temperature is around 28-35c but can stay under to 18-19c and over to 38-40c here.
I watering everyday or every other day if rainy day.

Hello Hien;576951, I thought that your plant may was impact from the weather there so It's changed to be brown.
I've grew it like the normal p.godefroyae or leucochilum.
The best temperature is around 28-35c but can stay under to 18-19c and over to 38-40c here.
I watering everyday or every other day if rainy day.
thanks, I will try water it more

Latest posts

Back