My Latest Haul

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parvi_17

Reaction score
My society had its first meeting since June today. I brought home the following plants:

Neofinetia falcata (yellow form)
Phrag pearcei
Paph micranthum var. eburneum x sib ('Bubble Gum' x 'Huge Snow Ball')
Paph malipoense
Paph bellatulum
Paph Lynleigh Koopowitz
Paph Al Hill
Paph Dragon Flag x Patsey Boersma
Paph Michael Koopowitz
Paph In-Charm Handel
Paph micranthum x jackii
Paph sanderianum 'Henry' x gigantifolium 'Dark Warrior'
Paph kolopakingii var. topperi 'Jamboree' HCC/AOS x gigantifolium 'Dark Warrior'

EDIT: I forgot to add Paph Envy Green to this list!

I will post photos soon! :D

Last edited:
Way to go! I'm actually now familiar with some of those plants! I particularly like the malipoense but the pearcei is up there too. Gosh, they're all wonderful.

:drool::drool: Nice haul!

Esp the neo yellow form.. how big is it? lol~ if you ever have a division to trade, I can trade u with a division from my collection :clap:

:drool::drool: Nice haul!

Esp the neo yellow form.. how big is it? lol~ if you ever have a division to trade, I can trade u with a division from my collection :clap:

It has three growths right now; I think it will flower for me soon. I'll be sure to contact you when I have divisions ready!

Photos

Here are a couple photos of the ones that are in bloom right now. Top: Paph Dragon Flag x Patsey B. Bottom: Phrag. pearcei.

The Paph Al Hill is also in sheath and the Paph Envy Green (which I forgot to put on the list!) is in bud.

micranthum eburneum leaves

As per Eric's request, here is a photo of the micranthum eburneum's leaves:

I haven't received my normal micranthum seedlings yet so I don't have anything to compare this to, but the leaves seem broader than the normal form. The leafspan is 4", and the leaves are 1" across. It is in a 4" pot. The leaves are very stiff and are almost solid purple underneath. I will be repotting it soon to check out the roots.

wow nice selection there.

I came to the sales tables late because of conversation. I got an armeniacum though, and there were tons of paphs offered from that man at excellent prices. Paramount's deep coloured callosum was also tempting, but somehow i thought the bloom was too small

I'd like that Paph In-Charm Handel (I assume from Paramount) and Neofinetia falcata yellow form (where did that come from?! they are seem impossible to get here!). Most likely I will order a In-Charm Handel from paramount

That micranthum eburneum looks like it has very wide leaves! My two micranthums have more narrow leaves.

Yeah the guy you got the armeniacum from is the same guy I got the eburneum from ($20!!!!), all the multifloral Paphs, and the malipoense ($30 for a nice BS one!). I did get the In-Charm Handel from Paramount. I got the Neo from the table nearest the back door (with the pearceis). I only paid $35 for it and $20 for the pearcei! The Neo even came with a really nice pot. Needless to say, I thoroughly enjoyed the meeting (the speaker was a really interesting guy, too).

I hope he brings more paphs next time! he has great stuff to offer at prices better than anywhere else. I am sure I got my paph niveum from him last time too.

I missed the neo completely. I assume it was from the two elderly people. I got my blooming longifolium from them in the past.

And your plants look nice in person too. Both the Phrag Saint Ouen and Paph Winston Churchill 'Indomitable' FCC/AOS x gratrixianum. (I thought I recognized them!)
I just grabbed some random easy to transport paphs that were really just stuffers.

And I liked this speaker as well.

Thanks Fren! I saw your plants - they were cute!!! Especially the niveum. It turns out that the Saint Ouen is actually a Hanne Popow. The original tag had a printing error. Oh, and yes, the Neo was from the elderly couple. They sure sell some nice Phrags - I love your longifolium!

Latest posts

Back