My insigne

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cdub

The lone bloomer under the lights at this time. I was hoping giving it lots of attention and taking photographs would make some other plants jealous and kick those spikes into gear. First bloom for this plant. I like it. Maybe I'll look into aquiring some more.
pinsigne2yp6.jpg

pinsigne1yp3.jpg

Not sure 'bout a secret, but I chose insigne because it likes cooler temps. I also keep it on the bottom shelf of my grow stand, just inches from the floor. The lower portion of my apartment near the floor gets significantly colder than the rest of the place, cold air sinks and all, so this plant and my P. villosum hybrid get a significant temperature drop at night, especially this time of year.

Thanks for the photo comments. I'm getting better with my lighting. I still under expose the shots a good deal because my tripod is not sturdy, and sacrifice light for clarity.

Your thread prompted me to move my insigne var sanderae to a cooler location. While getting ready to move it I checked all the crowns and guess what I think is popping its little nose out on one of the mature growths!!!

Oh, come on, take a guess.:poke:

Back