My Hybrid Seedling compots!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tocarmar

Reaction score
Here are a few pics of my hybrids.
Pinocchio x Love Song
2004_0104Seedlings0012.jpg

2004_0104Seedlings0004.jpg

Pinocchio x fowliei
2004_0104Seedlings0009.jpg

2004_0104Seedlings0003.jpg

Tom

Eric,
Yes, these are 2 of the Hybrids I have made. They are about 5 weeks out of flask. I will be receiving 3 more flasks from Troy next week, 1 flask of the Pinocchio x Love Song & 2 of the Pinocchio & fowliei.
I also have around 10 more in different stages (waiting to germinate - reflasking), I just sent him 2 last week, I just harvested 2 pods this morning, & have around 15 - 20 pods in various stages at home.

Tom

Cool, now I have to look up fowliei, and Love Song to see what the cross should look like and to see if I'll have to sneak up to Catskill! :D

Love Song is (sukhakulii 'Glow' x acmodontom 'Graceful')

I will probably sell some when they are bigger (6 months) or so.

Last edited:
There are some nice, vigorous seedlings. It will be interesting to see how the flowers turn out. Both Paph Pinocchio and Paph fowliei are vigorous growers which is always a good start when hybridizing. :)

Yes, they are vigorous growers. The fowliei blooms on a very young plant, single growth.

I acquired a fowliei alba from Glen (Piping Rock) when he was at the Mass Orchid show. It looks like it might be in early sheath now. I also got an Earl Koldyke (emersonii 'Angel Wings' x concolor 'Mellow Yellow') in spike.

Tom

Latest posts

Back