My hobby? I look for native orchids.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentuckiense

Debaser
Reaction score
Many of you have probably seen my website, but I've been neglecting it for the last two months. I got it back up to speed tonight. So anyway, check it out if you'd like: http://runnerzach.googlepages.com

Yeah, I know. It should be nativeorchids.googlepages.com or something, but I just used an old gmail address to test out the new googlepages thing and I ended up never getting around to registering a new address and transferring everything. I'll get around to it eventually. In the mean time, keep checking back... I'll try to update as I find things. Also, if you live in Virginia or West Virginia and you know of locations of some native orchids I'm missing, let me know know! I'd love to come photograph them.

When you come across a decent stand of orchids, do you move some pollen around to promote seed production?

Rick said:
When you come across a decent stand of orchids, do you move some pollen around to promote seed production?
Sometimes I do. I don't usually touch the non-Cyps... They always seem to have no trouble getting pollinated. When I encounter Cypripediums and I have a bit of time I'll do a little cross pollinating.

Latest posts

Back