My Grow Room

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of my grow area.

First two years ago, before I went to Ecuador

PICT0618.jpg

Last week I built some shelves becasue I thought it would give more room...

IMG_1380.jpg

Today after I moved all the plants in. Sadly, there wasn't enough room. I think I lost room. I need to build a simular shelf on the oposite wall next month. The shelf is 3 feet x 10 feet. I'm canadian, so I should talk in metric: 1 meter x 3 meters.

IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1387.jpg

Kyle

Thanks for sharing! Your collection certainly has grown after working with Ecuagenera! :D
Do the plants under your new shelf get enough light?:poke:

likespaphs said:
do you use a light mover?

I do see a light mover in my future.... But for now, the plants have to suffer until I put up a 4 ft florescent later this week.

Kyle

Jorch said:
Do the plants under your new shelf get enough light?:poke:

That hopefully won't be there perminant home. They will be fine for a few days, Its actually brighter then it looks. I have the cooler likeing things down there, besseae, draculas and stuff that I don't really care about. Eventually I will put florescent under the shelf and move my masd collection there. Probably in May.

I thought I would have lots of room...

Kyle

I though building this shelf would give me lots of extra room, I was wrong. Tomorrow is my clubs meeting and I will be bringing lots of things to sell. The rest of my spares I will try to put on Ebay or advertise on this and other forums.

This will diffinitly limit what I buy this spring. Plus I have a bunch of flasks to deflask and compots to break up...

Kyle

Looks like a good setup, I'm going to need something more effective soon too so thanks for giving me ideas. Lighting is always an issue here in Canada.

Hmm...I'm trying to figure this out from the pics. It looks like you have the chicken wire shelf floating above a sloped solid surface that dumps out into what looks like a gutter? Is that right? Interesting setup. Great way to solve the water issue in the home. Thanks

Back