My godefroyae & leucochilum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next are the saturated red type. They are very velvety
The next three photos are from the same bloom, the type Alexej designated "Red Volcano". This is my first plant, front viewRed Volcano NO1-front.JPG

photo from the back, as a way to id these plants by color and pattern when they still in bud.Red Volcano NO.1-back.JPG

Last edited:
Red Volcano No.3, front view.
Saturated wine red Velvety.
I am not sure what happened to No.2 !
Red Volcano NO3-front.JPG

It resembles a nice fat rabbit from the back.
even down to the downy white skin
Red Volcano NO3-back.JPG

Last edited:
Sad to hear your bad experiences with the bad shipped plants of orchidzone. Popow has a great amount/variety of extraordinary good godefroyaes which are all linebreeded. But since the son Alex is running the buisness the prices have increased remarkably.

Thanks for sharing. PAS#607 from Sam are the best in terms of substance and shape. The color on the OZ would have been good upon 2nd blooming.

Sad to hear your bad experiences with the bad shipped plants of orchidzone. Popow has a great amount/variety of extraordinary good godefroyaes which are all linebreeded. But since the son Alex is running the buisness the prices have increased remarkably.
You are right, I think Alexej has a lot of orchid friends in Japan and Thailand so he is always up to date with all of the latest breeding lines .

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. PAS#607 from Sam are the best in terms of substance and shape. The color on the OZ would have been good upon 2nd blooming.
Eric, there are two of the PAS#607, which one you think are the best?

Red Vulcano no.4 front view, from Alexejvulcano no.4 front.JPG

Last edited:
Wow!! Wonderful selection!! I'm assuming you are going to breed these?? If I were you I would!!

Wow!! Wonderful selection!! I'm assuming you are going to breed these?? If I were you I would!!
-I am indecisive between the choice of selfing each bloom to itself to further retain the individual look, or cross them with the ones that you guessing would compensate for any flaw? (from what experts saying, even a selfing would still result in a bunch of slightly different siblings)
-another hard decision is whether to pollinate 1st bloom, expert saying that doing that may weaken the young plant and kill it, on the other hand if you don't pollinate right away, and the plant still dies, you lose the chance of capture its genetic feature (this actually happened to me already, there were very nice plants died before i had the chance to capture its potential, I also cross a few 1st bloom plants and they did not die, however I am not sure one should push one's luck)

Last edited:
Whenever I have doubt about culture I always google search weather the native area it grows in and tweak my growing conditions accordingly

Holy moly!!!!

VERY impressive!
Thanks Justin, I still have a few more blooms to post, I need to clean up these photos' busy back ground a little bit, to make it easier for peoples to exam the blooms .
If you look at the Japanese and Thai websites, their godefroyae/leucochilum blooms are absolutely stunning and really superior compare to these.

Last edited:
This one is from Rob of Littlefrogfarm Orchids , the breeding is"Yellow Eight Ball" x"Full Moon", Somehow, I remember Rob said they are from Orchid Inn's flask
I believe they are from a flask I got from Orchid Inn, yes. It is possible they came out of Chuck Acker's breeding, but I doubt it.

Latest posts

Back