My godefroyae & leucochilum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hien

Reaction score
This species is among my favorite ones.
I took pictures of some of the blooms , other flowers were wilted by the time I received the plants, in that case I will have to use the photos from the sellers . You are welcome to check back from time to time, i will add more photos of new plants.

Blumen Insel No.1

Blumen Insel No 1 .jpg

Last edited:
This one is Blumen Insel No.2 ,Hanajima HPA 3089, Thanh Nguyen of Springwater Orchids took this picture

Attachments

• Blumen Insel No 2.JPG
    Blumen Insel No 2.JPG
    221.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
plant 3, Blumen Insel Hanajima HPA 3089, same breeding as plant no.2 , you can tell from the look that they came out from the same flask, photo Thanh Nguyen of Springwater Orchids

Attachments

• Blumen Insel No 3.JPG
    Blumen Insel No 3.JPG
    241.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Blumen Insel No.4 same breeding as No.2 & No.3 but it is harder to tell that it came from the same parents. I notice that the flower has a lot of white flecks landing on it, Thanh must be spray-paint refurbishing some furniture near by on that day :)

Attachments

• Blumen Insel NO 4.JPG
    Blumen Insel NO 4.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 10
Blumen Insel No.5, this one is a different cross, Hanajima tags as black cross, but I think it still has a long run to get to that point

Attachments

• Blumen Insel NO 5.JPG
    Blumen Insel NO 5.JPG
    253.9 KB · Views: 7
plant No.6 a different Blumen Insel cross (HPA 3090) I got from Thanh, photo by Thanh Nguyen Springwater Orchids. I think the shape and pattern is nice enough, so I use it to breed with a solid color

Attachments

• blumen Insel No.6-spring water.jpg
    blumen Insel No.6-spring water.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
No.7 is also from the "Hanajima black cross", I got this a month ago from Thanh. the veins are closer to each other, better than No.5 , the dorsal is close to solid color. He still has a dozen or so available on his ebay store.

Attachments

• Blumen Insel NO7-springwater orchids 2.jpg
    Blumen Insel NO7-springwater orchids 2.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I got No.8 from Thanh same time a month ago as No.7, very pretty, however the stem is so thin, the flower could not hold itself up. If it can not produce a strong stem next bloom, then the flaw is inherited. This one actually has a tag with full parents' names "Red Devil" x "Giant".

Attachments

• Blumen Insel NO8-springwater orchids fixed.JPG
    Blumen Insel NO8-springwater orchids fixed.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Blumen Insel No.9 , probably got from Springwater last summer. A lot more white background and less pattern than other crosses

Attachments

• Blumen Insel NO9.JPG
    Blumen Insel NO9.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 6
I have a feeling that this one shares the same parents with No.2, No.3 & No.4. I show Thanh's photo, because it was no longer fresh looking to be photographed when I got it

Attachments

• Blumen Insel NO10-springwater orchids.JPG
    Blumen Insel NO10-springwater orchids.JPG
    257 KB · Views: 9
This is No.11 (Blumen Insel breeding), I would range it at the bottom. I collect it just because the pattern is different from the others, but the shape is not good

Attachments

• Blumen Insel NO11.JPG
    Blumen Insel NO11.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
No. 12, actually this has a Popow tag even it was sold by Springwater so I don't think this is Hanajima breeding, photo by Thanh Nguyen (Springwater Orchids), of all of the ones I collect, this one has the best looking full egg shape pouch .

Attachments

• Blumen Insel NO12-springwater orchids.JPG
    Blumen Insel NO12-springwater orchids.JPG
    215.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I got 2 plants of this breeding from Big Leaf orchids ,Peter only got a few of these from a Taiwanese breeder. I keep the name tag "PALEU" #1, maybe it has something to do with the cross or just his inventory number.

Attachments

• leucochilum PALEU 1.JPG
    leucochilum PALEU 1.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
second plant "PALEU" #2, also from Peter

Attachments

• leucochilum PALEU 2.JPG
    leucochilum PALEU 2.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
These next 4 pictures are of the same bloom , Peter imported even less of this Taiwanese cross #5130:
leucochilum "Account Maeping" x "Account Honey"

Attachments

• godefroyae MAEPING photo 1.JPG
    godefroyae MAEPING photo 1.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
profile view of #5130

Attachments

• godefroyae MAEPING photo 2.JPG
    godefroyae MAEPING photo 2.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 3
Back