My first Roth in bud !

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations! That is quite a roth! AM/AOS on a first bloom is outstanding, especially these days. I am psyched for you. Wow. I bet you get a few calls or emails about that one. Has anyone offered to buy it yet?

Thank you. I got lucky on this one. No offer but I don't intend to sell it. I am keeping it to get larger and flowering on multiple growth one day.

Taken this indoor.

aga9azu7.jpg

Congratulations Peter. That is a magnificent roth and fully deserved of the award. How does it compare against your best Phals'? :)

Thank you everyone. I was on cloud 9 yesterday searching internet for more Paph roth and its hybrid. I have couple other Paph roth - one from Frank Smith and one from Main Show (probably Bear's breeding in Taiwan) that has buds forming. But it looks like 2 flowers and might not be as dark judging by the bud appearance.

I got an offer this morning to sell this plant the whole thing. I think it's a generous offer so I may have to eat my words of keeping this plant to bloom again.

How does this compare to my best phalaenopsis? I don't know if it's comparable. As an orchid addict I have many favorite and most of my greenhouse feels like a museum keeping plants I am fond of over time. At present I don't collect paph actively or hybridize with them. I have a nice Paph delenatii in bloom that I could make paph delrosii ? Anyway, tough decision to make.

I knew that was coming... If you really like the plant, as a stipulation of selling it, you can ask the buyer for the first division of the plant. That's what I would do anyways. With roths though it could be a few year until a plant is big enough to divide, and then a few more years until you see more flowers. That whole process could take another decade. You are faced with a tough decision. But it's a good problem to have!

Back