My first Roth in bud !

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

bigleaf

Reaction score
Photo update span is 21 cm. I think this just opened as I was away this weekend. Will update when all flowers open.

2ujepupy.jpg

by3ude3u.jpg

Fabrice

Reaction score
Just opening. Not definitive form, not definitive size. Just one thing sure, it will be a dark one.

Me too I see the MM in this cross.

If the mix is "MM" color and form,"ro10" color and "Rex" size, it will be the best of this cross.

Trithor

Chico (..... the clown)
Reaction score
I am looking forward to a picture of the mature flower. It looks like it is going to have a strong solid pouch colour, good dorsal with well defined marking and the size is sure to improve! Definitely one to look forward to!

jemmam

Reaction score
ok. how are you guys blooming the Roth? I have a very nicely growing plant, mottled under lights on a warm pad. looks great. wont bloom :(

cnycharles

Peloric keiki
Reaction score
ok. how are you guys blooming the Roth? I have a very nicely growing plant, mottled under lights on a warm pad. looks great. wont bloom :(

Sounds like yours is too comfy and has fallen asleep :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigleaf

Reaction score
Awarded today at DJC. 85 points AM/AOS. cultivar name 'Pylo'. 28 cm NS 12.6 cm NSV

'Four well held, well presented flowers on one erect, sturdy inflorescence; sepals and petals light chartreuse, boldly and symmetrically striped dark mahogany; pouch heavily overlaid dark mahagony; staminode chartreuse, hirsuit distally; substance heavy; texture satiny.

qupanady.jpg

This is a picture taken this AM in my greenhouse. I will add a picture when I get it from our center's photographer.

Very happy for my first paph award. I can see that this species can be addictive. I need more paph rothschildianum.