My first post at slippertalk

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hien

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Last year Gideon mentioned & recommended slipperTalk forum, I never got to sign on since I notice most posts are the same at both Forums.
There are a lot familiar names that I also recognized from over there as well(Although, some may have different AKA here)
One of the reasons that I really want to join is that I want to post an apology to Bob of Antec Laboratory.
Last year , I seen an article in vietnamese about some lawyer action in Vietnam that talking about paph vietnamense. Innocently , I translate the article.
Althought, in the thread, I made it clear that I did not see anything wrong in Bob's work in helping the propagation of the species (this can be verify in all of my opinions about the original vietnamese article at SOF)
Hopefully, That translation is not interpreted as any malice thought of my part.

If it is thought as such, please do accept my sincere apologize

Hien

Welome Hien!
There are a lot of things discussed here that are not discussed on the other forum, you will enjoy the additional info.
I read your post on the other forum about the Vietnamese article. it was clear to me that you were only translating the article. I never took it that you were critizing AnTec in any way.

Hien, you have nothing to apologize for at all. I am apparently not permitted to post over there for no reason that I am aware of, so it is frustrating to see discussion involving one's self and not be able to comment. I would think at this point everyone would be aware of pathologic level of control being exercised and get the hell out of there out of fairness to the rest of us. This forum may have some growing pains now and then, but at least anyone living on planet Earth seems to be allowed to post, and respond to items relating to them if they please.

Bob Wellenstein said:
Hien, you have nothing to apologize for at all. I am apparently not permitted to post over there for no reason that I am aware of, so it is frustrating to see discussion involving one's self and not be able to comment. I would think at this point everyone would be aware of pathologic level of control being exercised and get the hell out of there out of fairness to the rest of us. This forum may have some growing pains now and then, but at least anyone living on planet Earth seems to be allowed to post, and respond to items relating to them if they please.

Hi Bob
Thank you for the gracefull understanding.

Hi Lance & Heather
Thanks for the welcoming.
I do notice & follow an article about Pk here that seems to be very informative & with a lot of postings to that thread. Althought, I will have to reread the whole thread again & again, before being able to chime in with my amateur thought.

Welcome Hien. Now we have three people whose name rhymes (almost)! At least, looks very similar.

Welcome Hien! I believe you asked me a question about my emersonii comments on SOF a while back....my response wasn't posted, even though I replied...Here you will have no problem reading responses to your questions. Hey, you'll even be allowed to PM people! (Something I am not allowed to do on SOF.......) Take care, Eric

Bob Wellenstein said:
I would think at this point everyone would be aware of pathologic level of control being exercised and get the hell out of there out of fairness to the rest of us. This forum may have some growing pains now and then, but at least anyone living on planet Earth seems to be allowed to post, and respond to items relating to them if they please.

Indeed!

We do have our issues but I am proud that we seem to be able to resolve them through constructive discusion and carry on.

So,
CARRY ON y'all! :D

Good to see you here, Hien. I'm phragfan over there. I think your posts have always been interesting and thoughtful.

You'll find this forum much freer, with people you can't find over there -- where you have to be careful you don't say something that inadvertently breaks the rules.

Hi
Dot, Tadd,

Eric,
Perhaps you can tell me something that I ask about the emersonii, I think I would like to get one, and want to know something about it, is that right?

Hi Fren.
The link is not neccessary for the apologize, but thanks anyway.

Hi Zach,
The Pk seedlings did not do too well , after one year all the species are still in flask, either died off or not growing at all. I had hope that after last summer, they will catching up with grow but they just sit still almost.
So I do not know when I can get you some. I kind of afraid of the coming summer (a repeat of the last heat wave)

Hi Tien ,
I kind of wonder , are the three of us with the names in rhymes came from the same far corner of the world ?

Hi Hien,

My parents are from Ha Tien. I was born en route to the States in Indonesia.

adiaphane said:
Hi Hien,

My parents are from Ha Tien. I was born en route to the States in Indonesia.

That explains the name.
I thought the name's pronunciation is quite country specific.
So our origins are the same, but unlike you, my english is never good because I actually spent my younger years in Vietnam.
Though I never seen Ha Tien, peoples mentioned that it is quite a fame area for its beauty.

Welcome from NYC.
Bob Wellenstein said:
It's just that the admin at this forum aren't complete doody-heads! :D

Ask away...I can't remember what the original exchange was about...but it had to do with emersonii culture (and emersonii is a great plant......although theere is a very wide range of quality...some are not so great). I think that Jerry (or Jason) had reported that they grew it warm...I said that I grew it cool....and you asked if I had if maybe I'd have better luck growing them warm??? At any rate...its only cold for a few months ( like now...but its unusually cold in NY) here. And for most of the year, emersonii has to grow warm...no other choice here. Take care, Eric

Welcome Hien.

I've never been to the 'other' site and only
happened upon this one.

The people here are great!

Some very 'lively' discussions on some of the boards
as well.

Craig

Back