My first phrag bloom!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddybear

Awarded Stud
Reaction score
After 18 months of waiting, my Andean Fire is finally opened. :clap: It was a cross between lindleyanum 'Hero' and besseae 'Carl'. There are still 3 more buds to follow on this first-time bloomer. My Eric Young is just starting to spike as well! :clap: I'm on a roll!

Here is the sequence of development in the last 2 weeks.

PhragAndeanFirebud2.jpg

PhragAndeanFirebud2-1.jpg

PhragAndeanFire3.jpg

Congratulations Todd!!! I love the colour of that one! In the future, would you mind making your photos smaller, please? It's a major pain having to scroll back and forth to see the whole thing. Besides, it's impossible to really enjoy seeing it because we can only see a portion of it. Then, we have to scroll over to see the other side of it. It's really hard to get the full effect of a nice photo of a nice flower like that. Thanks....and again....CONGRATULATIONS!

:clap: Very nice, love that colour, I don't think that I've seen one quite that colour. :drool: And Eric Young too, you really are on a roll. Maybe I should send you my Andean Fire, maybe you could get it to behave itself.:D

Yay besseae hybrids! Have you changed anything to get them to bloom? Since I changed to the MSU formula and increased the dosage I've had 4 Phrags go into spike.

I have increased watering but otherwise the plants just had to get larger. The two I have were both suppose to be NBS but vendors are sometimes over-optomistic on the stages of the plants they sell!

Latest posts

Back