My First Ho Chi Minh in bud at long last!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
bought this as a blooming size plant a few years ago.
It is a good grower with a 4 growths now, but never flowered for me.
I was this close to tossing, but saw this fuzzy little thing pushing up a couple of weeks ago and I now see two tiny buds developing.

Anticipation begins now...

Oh, culture note.
Same with others. been growing by the south window with sheer curtain drawn and 18in away from the glass. I did repot (yay!) once in the past into a mixture of orchiata power grade, perlite, charcoal (I think it is the repotme paph mix, the imperial mix) top dressed with moss.

I water as the pot just dries out and fertilize when I feel like it.

I have another plant of HCM, but it was bought as a seedling. It is now also 4 growths but the entire plant is about the half the size. I wonder if it is a runt, but I will wait until it flowers. Good growers stay longer than others at my place. :)

VlNjpNkl.jpg

Not me. :poke:

Either low sheath before even buds are visible just never develops further and then sits there for a long time only to dry and turn brown on a few hybrids, then malipoense and its hybrids whose bud blast just as they open up. Two extremes. haha

HCM can have notoriously short-lived flowers, but not all clones. Hope you have a good one, but take pictures any pictures you want in the first few days or it may be too late.

Yeah, I'm not asking for a mirable. Ok, I am, every time! lol
At least I see two buds, so I will hopefully have a little extended blooming season. 10 days. hahaha

Will keep you updated.

After being open for about six days, brown spots are appearing on the petals.
Oh, well...the second bud should open soon.

Latest posts

Back