My first deflasking

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep me in mind if you ever want to trade seedlings... I am in Hilton Head Island area... who??
Always looking for new Paphs ... especially if it’s something I could use in my mini program. Also... I wean my seedlings out from the high humidity over a week or two. It decreases the opportunity for various rot problems

That's bordering on a full time job
You think... Lol. These are seedlings I’m growing out. It’s the watering at the sink that’s full time but it’s better than sitting in front of the TV all night.
1486C3AB-E38A-4C5B-9DAF-B5DEE58527EA.jpeg 9917C625-2AA4-4C27-B0A8-40716DE2AEE6.jpeg D213777A-6E66-49BD-AFCB-EF698A6FA51A.jpeg 406B6521-EBE6-4D75-96EC-AA839895EC87.jpeg
11 flasks in one big compot ready to pot up as soon as my trays show up.
C430982D-AAD0-441E-A576-6EE6E48DDD6E.jpeg

Wow..... I will put together a list of all my seedlings... by the way I am Gerry... very nice to meet you

what shade are you using over your seedlings?

I was wrong, that's beyond a full-time job... that's a lifestyle. Good looking set-up.

Always looking for new Paphs ... especially if it’s something I could use in my mini program. Also... I wean my seedlings out from the high humidity over a week or two. It decreases the opportunity for various rot problems

You think... Lol. These are seedlings I’m growing out. It’s the watering at the sink that’s full time but it’s better than sitting in front of the TV all night.
View attachment 19379 View attachment 19380 View attachment 19381 View attachment 19382
11 flasks in one big compot ready to pot up as soon as my trays show up.
View attachment 19383
Wow Fred! Your plants all look really clean and healthy. Chuck Acker and Woodstream are my best sources for flasks of slippers (although I just picked up a vigorous phrag flask from Fox Valley). Who are your go-to sources?

what shade are you using over your seedlings?
The white shade in the “long hot” photo is window shade from a hotel the company I was working for remodeled. They were throwing it out so I took a lot of it. The top shelves in the two single photos is standard 50% shade cloth with LED shop lights on top of it.

Wow Fred! Your plants all look really clean and healthy. Chuck Acker and Woodstream are my best sources for flasks of slippers (although I just picked up a vigorous phrag flask from Fox Valley). Who are your go-to sources?
Hi KateL
I have bought flasks from a number of people in the past... including the growers you listed. The seedlings in the photos are from crosses I’ve made with only a few exceptions.

Back