My First Cross to Bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just opened a week ago: Paph Barb Hella (barbigerum x Hellas 'Sunset' HCC/AOS), registration pending. It is growing in a 2 1/4 inch pot.

PaphbarbigerumxHellasSunsetVHQ.jpg

The whole plant
PaphbarbigerumxHellasSunsetpl1VH.jpg

Great! Like a large barbigerum, I like that.

The dorsal has reflexed a little more at the base since this photo was taken on Sunday, so it resembles a large barbigerum even more. Hopefully, this will be a good first step in breeding compact bulldogs. I was destined to do this cross, BARBigerum x HELLAs, as my mother's name is Barbara Hella.:wink:

I think that is the same cross you sent me.
WOW! That's really nice. I hope the one you
sent me turns out to be so nice.

Congratulations!

Craig

it's a good cross for making compact bulldogs. What will be your next step?
I will continue to bloom out seedlings, looking for a few with the best qualities. I have about 35-40 seedlings left after selling some. then, I will probably cross it with either small growing speicies or another complex with small species in its heritage, such as Paph Barbilight, which is 1/4 barbigerum.
PaphBarbilight4.jpg

Wow, it's really mean someting to you.
Go register it quickly!
The registration is already on its way to the RHS.

How long from pollenation to flower?

I would be very happy if my first breeding results were half as nice!

Kyle

The dorsal has reflexed a little more at the base since this photo was taken on Sunday, so it resembles a large barbigerum even more. Hopefully, this will be a good first step in breeding compact bulldogs. I was destined to do this cross, BARBigerum x HELLAs, as my mother's name is Barbara Hella.:wink:

It's a beautiful flower, I like it a lot.

I especially like the name. How thoughtful of you to give it your Mother's name. She must feel very honored.

Latest posts

Back