My first blooming besseae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

johnndc

This is a Haven x Smokin' that I got from Rob a while back. I like the yellow coming through, and the color. Form seems okay, I guess, though the pouch is pinched and the petals are a bit wavy. It's a first bloom. But I like it. Oh, and it's 5.4 cm across, so it's a little guy.

Don't give up on the first flower. The next ones should be a bit better. For some reason on many of these the first flower is deformed in some way, but they grow out of it with subsequent blooms on the same spike.

There's another bloom coming on this same spike, so stay tuned :) Still, it's quite lovely, I'm pleased.

I really like that one! I like this shape better than some of the fuller ones, that just seem to bloated to me. Very nice

- matt

now I'm all anxious for mine to bloom...I bought the exact same cross from Rob a couple months ago, but mine's still pretty small. maybe next year...

Scott, mind isn't terribly large. Probably has 5 or 6 leaves. Leaf span about 7 inches.

hmm...well maybe it will be this year sometime then. only has 4 leaves, but it just started sending out a new growth. we'll see!

Latest posts

Back