My few Paphs

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today's addiction... finally i have my Phrag Schroderae!!!

pschroderae002ry5.jpg

pschroderae003pv5.jpg

But, sincerely, i'm in doubt.... don't you think that's most similar to a Calurum or to Sedenii?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys,
Some OB's members told me that it's surely a Calurum, so i think i'll go to change the label :)

Glad you like it, whatever it is :eek:

Last addictions, just arrived...

- Phragmipedium caudatum var. giganteum
- Phragmipedium pearcei
- Paphiopedilum venustum alba

:)

Yes Eric, i've seen so many photos that my eyes are rolling.... but i can't understand in what sedenii e calurum are different....Do you think it's a sedenii, indeed?

When I was at Woodstream last weekend I was looking at a calurum and the lateral petals weren't so long. My system administrator's have set it up so Phragweb doesn't work here anymore, [I hate them so much I would strap them with their faces under the drains of the public urinals at Port Authority terminal! :mad:], so I can't check.

[I hate them so much I would strap them with their faces under the drains of the public urinals at Port Authority terminal! :mad:].

:rollhappy::rollhappy::rollhappy:

At the moment i have some problems with Phragweb, too.... They have changed the graphics, i think, and now when i go on ( omg, how can i explain it in english?:eek:) the link to the genus, a scroll bar menu appears, but when i go on it with the mouse , it disappears... :confused:

Btw, Sedenii's pics on Phragweb, are very different one from another... someone seem to be almost a bessae hybrids...:confused:

Sorry, off topic from this thread.

I read here that people seem to have problems with my updated website. This is the first time I hear about it. I read things like disappearing menu's...
Of course I would like to try to solve the problem, so people willing to help me please send me an email explaining what problems you experience.
I also would like to know what OS and Internet browser you're using.
Please send email to me. DON'T reply to this message on the forum. I don't want to bother this nice forum with my problems.
Thanks.

Rob Zuiderwijk

Eric, Hi to you too... ;)

Some OB's members told me that it's surely a Calurum, so i think i'll go to change the label

This is sort of a pet peeve of mine. Unless you know for sure what the plant is you really should put "probably a ------" or label it unknown. And changing tags based on guesses from people who don't specialize in slippers isn't the best idea. All this does is perpetuate the amount of mislabeled paphs and phrags going around.

You're right Candace, but the person who told me that it's a Calurum for sure seems to be a Phrag expert... at least for what i can see from a forum view, obviously...
Btw, i'm not going to change the label, since i'll be sure which Phrag i have exactly... for sure, is not a Schroderae.

eheheh you're right, again.

Now i go off topic for a while... if i would like to be SURE of which plant i have, how could i do? DNA testing? It's a possible way, or it's useless or too much expensive?

Latest posts

Back