My Cypris in 2019 (2018)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I took some photos of my Cyps outside. It was before the thunderstorm which we have here at the moment. This year the hybrids are doing still well but the C. reginaes are just a shadow of themselfs. Therefore I blame the hot and dry summer last year.
A no name hybrid in my rockery which grows very well.
04582_19.05.19_cypripedium hybr..jpg

Another no name hybrid which is growing very well and the clump gets bigger year by year:
04593_19.05.19_cypripedium hybr_o.n.

Cypripedium x ventricosum:
04609_19.05.19_cypripedium x ventricosum.jpg

And I'm honest I missed the right moment to take a photo of my Cyp. calceolus so I use the photo of last year.
03542_18.05.03_cypripedium calceolus.jpg

Last but no least my Pleione limprichtii which I grow in my rockery almost in full sun for now more than 10 years.
04590_19.05.19_pleione limprichtii.jpg

Last edited:
.... May I ask what the soil is like in the growing area?

Sorry for the belated response, but I have not enough time for the forum in these days. I use a mixture or garden soil, humus, sharp sand, Seramis and expanded clay balls (complete and split)
and I leave the potting medium at the rooot when I'm replanting. But don't ask me for the mix ratio because I mix it by feeling and in the end it differs alway slightly.

Latest posts

Back