My collection

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got home from our annual SOOS Xmas Auction.....came home with a blooming size Paph sanderianum 'Dragon Dance' x 'Dark Spider'. It only cost me $80 too so I am more than thrilled. :clap: Couldn't believe that it wasn't more popular. Good thing for me. :D

I just got home from our annual SOOS Xmas Auction.....came home with a blooming size Paph sanderianum 'Dragon Dance' x 'Dark Spider'. It only cost me $80 too so I am more than thrilled. :clap: Couldn't believe that it wasn't more popular. Good thing for me. :D

wow! we had glen decker of piping rock orchids at our society today and he was talking about slippers and along the way, how long it would take to bloom a sanderianum (likely 12 years or more). he said that he would price a blooming size (maybe one in bud) that was likely 12 years old at $240 (!). he also said that one that was a seedling a few years old might likely be more like $50. so, on one hand probably many people didn't know much about it, or they knew it got really big, or that it would take a long time to flower (all the negative things you hear about). i'll bet some of the people who might have bid on it had already spent their allowance! :)

there were some nice paphs and phrags for sale on his table (even some interesting non-slippers (gasp!)), including some kovachii hybrids including a second-generation k. hybrid that looked interesting but most were too much for me to spend; I settled for an in-bud phrag pearcii

As soon as I saw it sitting on the auction table (we had an hour to look over the offered plants) I walked away and didn't look at it again; nor did I say a word about it to anyone but my husband. We decided that I would go up to $125 if I *had* to. Good thing for me that it went near the end of the auction....lots of plants and a few people went bonkers over the already offered Paphs and spent their money. There were only two of us bidding on the sandie and I outlasted the other guy. :fight::viking: It was coming home with ME! :D I still thought it strange that no one else saw the value in this plant...but I'm glad as it would have cost me more or possibly gone for more than my budget.

I just repotted it....beautiful roots despite being in broken down sphagnum and coconut. :)

Looking forward to seeing what you may sell. Hopefully a couple can get to Nova Scotia :)

Updated list again.....

Paph adductum 'Dark Cloud' x gigantifolium 'Dark Warrior'
Paph Bengal Lancers
Paph Chi Hua Dancer
Paph Chi Hua Dancer
Paph delenatii v dunkel
Paph Fumimasa Sugiyama 'Benjamin' AM/AOS
Paph Gary Romagna
Paph gigantifolium
Paph haynaldianum
Paph haynaldianum 'Sheila' AM/AOS
Paph helenae
Paph intanaei
Paph Johanna Burkhardt
Paph kolopakingii
Paph Kolosand
Paph Lefty Kei (William Ambler x sanderianum)
Paph lowii
Paph Maudiae 'Los Osos' AM/AOS
Paph Michael Koopowitz 'Nice Surprise'
Paph Mount Toro
Paph palawanense
Paph Paul Parks (sanderianum x adductum v anitum)
Paph philippinense alba
Paph philippinense 'Gregory'
Paph Prince Edward of York
Paph roebelinii 'Suzy' AM/AOS
Paph rothschildianum 'Baby Milais' x 'Perfect Circle'
Paph rothschildianum 'Bion' FCC/AOS x 'Charles E' FCC/AOS
Paph rothschildianum 'Daya Red' x 'Tiger'
Paph rothschildianum 'Fergus' ('Commander' x self)
Paph rothschildianum x gigantifolium
Paph rothschildianum 'Yellow Tiger' x 'Scorpion King'
Paph sanderianum 'Henry' x 'Diane'
Paph sanderianum 'Rapunzel' AM/AOS
Paph sanderianum 'Dragon Dance' x 'Dark Spider'
Paph Sander's Parrish
Paph St. Swithin
Paph stonei
Paph supardii
Oncidium croesus
Pluero grobyi

Latest posts