My chameleons & feeders & orchids

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The above picture is bulbo lasianthum with flower spiking plumeria kept all in same place

My aussie & madagascar stick bugs in breeder screen cage, very easy!!B1B659F7-43B2-4579-A9C1-42CB4A1DEFB8.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 10
Thanks Bb!! Taking caring care of these guys & girls really is rewarding, they are all so unique, and the cham community are very supportive of each other!! nothing I mean nothing like the orchid community...... other breeders in my area are great smart people, we all trade amongst each other to prevent inbreeding, well at least us, big commercial operations line breed, kammerflage is one of them. My group of us do not, there are 5 including me!!

Thanks Bb!! Taking caring care of these guys & girls really is rewarding, they are all so unique, and the cham community are very supportive of each other!! nothing I mean nothing like the orchid community...... other breeders in my area are great smart people, we all trade amongst each other to prevent inbreeding, well at least us, big commercial operations line breed, kammerflage is one of them. My group of us do not, there are 5 including me!!

It looks like a lot of fun. I never bred chameleons, but had a few as a kid. I was into tropical fish, in particular killifish as a teenager and then dwarf cichlids (esp. Apistogramma) in my 20s. Same problem with inbreeding with some of them. All the guys I new locally were very cool people too.

Hey, I just noticed that my "reaction score" on this new software is only a "50"... I'm not sure how to "react" to that... seems low... compared to whatever.

Everything I produce is already sold before it's produced. Inbreeding any animal....dog....cat...chameleon..is wrong..I know a lady bought a french chartreuse barn cat..it almost died in a dresser drawer in living room..crawled in and got shut, 2 weeks later, her husband heard a very faint meow and found it.....if my cat got shut in a dresser drawer, the whole neighborhood would know lol...I'm pretty sure that a normal chartreuse barn cat would do the same

It looks like a lot of fun. I never bred chameleons, but had a few as a kid. I was into tropical fish, in particular killifish as a teenager and then dwarf cichlids (esp. Apistogramma) in my 20s. Same problem with inbreeding with some of them. All the guys I new locally were very cool people too.

Hey, I just noticed that my "reaction score" on this new software is only a "50"... I'm not sure how to "react" to that... seems low... compared to whatever.
does that help your score?? IDK either.

Tom, Wanted to ask you.. 2 questions.
#1. Are you Botany boy?, If so, I really enjoy your youtube channel. Your yard is amazing and the videos of the garden ar calming and really center me.
#2. Is there a chameleon hobby trade in Japan? If you were going to jump back into it, do you have options? Seems like you might be riiiiiight on that edge.

does that help your score?? IDK either.

Tom, Wanted to ask you.. 2 questions.
#1. Are you Botany boy?, If so, I really enjoy your youtube channel. Your yard is amazing and the videos of the garden ar calming and really center me.
#2. Is there a chameleon hobby trade in Japan? If you were going to jump back into it, do you have options? Seems like you might be riiiiiight on that edge.

Yup, that's me Pete. At the bottom of my posts in the signature section you'll see it, Botany Boy, linking to my blog. I'm glad you are enjoying the recent videos, I've been uploading once week since you know what started two months ago. Tough to keep that schedule honestly, but I'll try for now. My intention was to give some relief from focusing on all the "events" of recent times. The second question - sure, there are chameleons here, and I could imagine enjoying have them. Two things, the house in winter is perennially cold, and more importantly, if I brought another animal or plant into my possession I think my wife would dispossess me!

I sell to a guy that exports to Japan

Very tempting, but see above. Maybe if I ever move back to the states. For now I will admire them from afar.

Latest posts

Back