My B-Day Presents

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tocarmar

Reaction score
I just received these for my B-Day!!!

2 Cyp. montanums

treecypspicasso012.jpg

5 Calypso bulbosa

treecypspicasso013.jpg

Best wishes to your birthday.
Would like to get such a present too.

Are this cypripediums out of this offer you was mentioning in eBay
in another discussion

Best wishes to your birthday.
Would like to get such a present too.

Are this cypripediums out of this offer you was mentioning in eBay
in another discussion

Yes they are the same!! My Girlfriend went directly through the Lady that is selling them on E-Bay!!
When is your B-Day???????????? :D

I just received these for my B-Day!!!

2 Cyp. montanums
5 Calypso bulbosa

I wish much luck.

I am cultivating and propagating these species in Germany. Here they are extrem sensitive against rotting.
Are the calypso from west or from east USA , var. occidentale or orientale?

I wish much luck.

I am cultivating and propagating these species in Germany. Here they are extrem sensitive against rotting.

They are from east USA!!! I too will try to propagate them. I will use the montanum for breeding!

Happy birthday!

Are you planning on hybridizing with montanum? The only hybrid I've seen available (in the US) with montanum is with fasciolatum. There's a hybrid with tibeticum available for sale in the UK. There appears to be a natural hybrid in BC with parviflorum.

Happy birthday!

Are you planning on hybridizing with montanum? The only hybrid I've seen available (in the US) with montanum is with fasciolatum. There's a hybrid with tibeticum available for sale in the UK. There appears to be a natural hybrid in BC with parviflorum.

Yes!! I will try to make a few crosses in the spring with montanums!! It will depend on if they bloom this year & what I have in bloom also!!

I wish much luck.

Berthold, var. americana

Yes!! I will try to make a few crosses in the spring with montanums!! It will depend on if they bloom this year & what I have in bloom also!!

I saw Ron Burch's article in Orchid Digest, and it mentioned that some cyp crosses need really mature plants for the seeds to be fertile (3-5 years after first bloom, I think). Will you be using the montanums primarily for pollen, or will you try making it the pod parent next spring?

I saw Ron Burch's article in Orchid Digest, and it mentioned that some cyp crosses need really mature plants for the seeds to be fertile (3-5 years after first bloom, I think).

I cannot confirm this. First bloom brings good seeds also if pollinated correctly.

I will try to set seed on all that bloom in the spring, depending on how strong the plants are. Right now this past spring only had 2 ploants bloom, but repotted a few to larger pots & new soil mix, so I have to wait till spring to see what blooms. I have around 20 all together between acaule montanum & pubescens, + the seedlings I got last spring from Ron.. I will try and get a few others between now & spring too.

Congrats on that one.
Wish you luck with it.
A cross with your acaule would look nice.....

Latest posts

Back