MVOS Spring show 2007 - Dayton, Ohio

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Darin

The show was this weekend. The drive up for judging was a bit hairy as it was snowing pretty hard. As a result of the weather the judging got started pretty late. Although the show was small (only 15 exhibits) it was nice. Flower quality was pretty good - 10 AOS awards were given (one was a CCM and one was an AQ). Here are a few Photos from the day.

Paph. liemianum 'Pink Puff' - Received an AM of 84 points
MVOS5.jpg

Paph Shadow Dancer - Received a 76pt HCC
MVOS4.jpg

Lycaste skinneri - Received an HCC
MVOS1.jpg

Some other various images of the show.

MVOS2.jpg

MVOS3.jpg

MVOS7.jpg

MVOS8.jpg

MVOS9.jpg

MVOS10.jpg

MVOS11.jpg

When I saw the MVOS I thought someone was posting about MY MVOS: The Magic Valley Orchid Society in Twin Falls, ID. :)

Pink Puff is VERY nice. Hoping mine is nice too.

Wow, they are all gorgeous, don't know how they pick the winners. The Pink Puff is a dazzler, but the Shadow Dancer just went on my wish list, there's just something about that one.

Did Windswept get the show trophy?

I was there Friday for setup, but didn't make it on Saturday or Sunday thanks to work :(
I took a few pics, I'll have to upload my pics tonight. I think this is the first one I've missed in over a decade :(

Jon

Jon in SW Ohio said:
I was there Friday for setup, but didn't make it on Saturday or Sunday thanks to work :(
I think this is the first one I've missed in over a decade :(

Jon

Dude - what is going on w/ that company of your's huh? We miss you around here you know....:pity:

I understand tho - I just accepted a job that will take me out of weekends for the most part. First time since 1993!

Looks like Darin and I had many of the same plants catch our eyes. I didn't have the benefit of lighting, so please excuse the dark pictures. Here's some of the ones shown above:

130_3067.jpg

130_3065.jpg

And here's some others I thought worthy of a photo:

130_3059.jpg

130_3064.jpg

130_3060.jpg

Three examples of a Phal cross I liked...I imagine no one else will ;)

130_3057.jpg

130_3058.jpg

And lastly, outside they had some Ice Sculptures, and this one was my favorite. Unfortunately with the sun nearly down, it was about impossible to photograph.

130_3071.jpg

I was the door guard during the judging with a beard and long hair. I'll probably see you at the Cincy show. I'll try and introduce myself.