Mushroom cultivation

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is very cool. A great gift for my sister's BF for x-mas. Thanks for the head's up!

(I'm only *just* starting to like mushrooms at age 36. The smell of them sauteing made me ill as a child and it's been one of the hardest foods for me to overcome, but I'm learning to. Hence, though, I had no idea these kits existed! Very cool!

Next on the list to learn to tolerate=beets...BLECH!)

WOW!!!! I was thinking of this a couple of years but I did not have the faintest idea on how to do it!!!! I hadn;t searched eighter on this matter...:p but as I and my girlfriend love them too much, we are defiantely going to grow some! Is there any kit for european "candidates"?? :D Thank you...

Okay, so I got this for Jane and she's wondering about the watering:

"Hey, Directions say no tapwater unless boiled...quick question tho, if i filter with Brita, it removes 99% of the chlorine, so that should be ok right?"

Any clue? I thought distilled would be okay but she said it said "no distilled" in the directions.

I guess it depends on the variety and source of the kit, but I used tap water and I still got a load of mushrooms. Who knows if I had used distilled if the crop would have improved.

There is a cool mushroom cultivating place near me (in Summertown, TN) called Mushroom People. The owners name is Frank and is very knowledgeable on just about everything "fungus".

I have been consulting with him a bit lately on the use of fungi (including edibles) for waste water treatment and solid toxic waste degradation.

Latest posts

Back