Mr. Popow's delenatii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hien

Reaction score
I might miss some of the photos that he emailed me 15 years ago ,
however here are some of Mr. Popow's delenatii for us to remember him by.
I will start with the alba, notice that their staminodes are different from each other, and one has a faint lavender tinted pouch .1 delenatii alba.JPGCIMG0260.JPGCIMG0672.JPGCIMG0690.JPGCIMG0802.JPGCIMG1023.JPGunbenannt55.jpg

now come his pink delenatii , notice the flower with gold staminode, that flower is different from the rest. Mr. Popow told me that he wants to do a selfing of that delenatii. I am not sure whether he did do it or not . So far to this day , I haven't seen any vendors offer that type of delenatii yet . CIMG0987.JPGCIMG0988.JPGCIMG0989.JPGCIMG1040.JPGdelenatii.jpg

Last edited:
finally his red delenatii .
the orchid world lost a very special person, and many orchid collections, even botanical gardens' holdings , vendors and breeders' stud plants would be quite lacking without his contribution .1 delenatii vinicolor.JPGCIMG0139.JPGCIMG0210.JPGCIMG0213.JPGdelenatii vinicolor.JPGPsph. delenatii var. vinicolor CIMG0022.jpg

They all are excepionally good flowers. 👌 The one with the golden staminode may be an interesting one...but I personally would prefer the flowers with the common staminode which has more contrast.

Latest posts

Back