warneri

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richgarrison

Reaction score
thought I’d get a take on this one as well. Purchased as a seedling from a South American vendor @ Redlands 2019. It’s a concolor on a striata. Very pleased with 4 flowers, 2 with nice upright dorsals…. And that from a first bloom mounted plant in a northeastern us greenhouse…. Anyhoo. Definitely looking for feedback. Unlikely it will make it to MAC judging in 2 weeks. Maybe next year. :) I shot in the greenhouse The others outside..IMG_1662.jpegIMG_1665.jpegIMG_1663.jpegIMG_1663.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1661.jpeg
    IMG_1661.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Nice flowering… esp on those logistical challenges lol.

However it doesn’t look like any mossiae concolor I have seen? The lip color is wrong? Looks more like a warneri concolor…

Can you show us the tag? Who was vendor?

Last edited:
Also the sheath is green, whereas mossiaes always bloom from brown sheaths, that have growths matured from last fall.

Rich, did the flowers come from spring growths that just rooted before flowering?

Phew, I didn't want to parade rain, but the dorsal presentation, throat markings and lip cleft and full openness was saying I am not mossiae. Flowers are statuesque and demand come look at me.
Leslie's Canaima's Heaven below.

Attachments

• mossiae concolor Canaima's Heaven.jpg
    mossiae concolor Canaima's Heaven.jpg
    517.6 KB · Views: 0
I bet you were just testing us to see if we were awake lol.
@DrLeslieEe meant to ask if you recognized the tag or breeder. I thought I recognized the folks in the booth as AWZ , but as I started talking to them realized I was having another senior moment. This was 2019, if that means anything.

@DrLeslieEe meant to ask if you recognized the tag or breeder. I thought I recognized the folks in the booth as AWZ , but as I started talking to them realized I was having another senior moment. This was 2019, if that means anything.
Yes that tag is from AWZ…

I have those senior moments momentarily too at times. That one brain cell refuses to cooperate to pass along the info. How rude 😒.

Latest posts

Back