MOS Palm Sunday Show Flask Release

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We will have the following Phrag. hybrid flasks and (hopefully) one Phrag. species flask to be released at next week's MOS Palm Sunday show in Madison Heights, MI:

Phrag. Fox Valley Fireball (Barbara LeAnn 'Select' x Rosalie Dixler 'Fox Valley' AM/AOS) - A remake using the original parents. (4 flasks)

Phrag. Fox Valley Fireball (Barbara LeAnn 'Fox Valley' x Rosalie Dixler 'Fox Valley' AM/AOS) - A remake using a larger clone of Barbara LeAnn.(2 flasks)

Phrag. Lynn Evans Goldner (schlimii 'Colombia' x Barbara LeAnn 'Select')- A remake using the same Barbara LeAnn used to make the original Fox Valley Fireball and the dark rose-red pouched schlimii 'Colombia'. Should be nice. (4flasks)

Phrag. besseae fma flavum 'Fox Croft #1' (x self) - (Hopefully) - A selfing of one of our best besseae flavums. Search the ST Phragmipedium archives for a photo of this clone. (2 flasks)

The FVF and besseae flasks are priced at $95/ea as are the besseae flavum flasks, while the LE-G flasks are $ 75/ ea. There are more of each of these coming in the next 60 days and if any are left after the MOS show, they'll be available on the website www.foxvalleyorchids.com

Thanks!

Purchasing a flask

Hello. I have been waiting for a Fox Valley Fireball. I would like to purchase a phrag fox valley fireball with the larger barbara lee ann. How do I do so? Thank you, Dawn

Hi Dawn,

The first group of flasks will be available at the MOS Palm Sunday show in Madison Heights, MI. You can pre-order any of the flasks on the list for delivery at that show. If any flasks remain after the MOS show, I'll post them on the FVO website.

Additionally, I'll have a second group containing Phrag. Fox Valley Fireball flasks made with the Barbara LeAnn 'Fox Valley' clone available in 30-60 days, and you will be able to order these through the website . Prior to listing any flasks on the website, I'll post a "heads-up" on Slippertalk to give ST'ers the first shot at ordering.

Thanks,

Hi Dawn,

Not sure what Eric means, but you might try posting "Yay besseae hybrids" a hundred times or so. :D

Hi Rob,

I'm just unpacking the flasks this morning and will get back to you on availability of the flavum besseae flasks.

This is a Fireball from a previous 'Select' x 'Fox Valley' crossing and I have bloomed it twice. It has a unique color for me. It is much more violet/purple than any Jason Fischers or Don Wimbers that I have or have seen. We are thinking of crossing this with kovachii to try and maintain the purple coloration.

Any others with this color hue in their Fireballs?

Attachments

• fireball.jpg
    fireball.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 29
There have been some lighter colored ones. Here's one of ours that bloomed a couple of years back that was also a lighter color. Your's has an interesting violet tone to it that's quite nice.

Last edited:
Here's the first bloom from my Fox Valley Fireball, purchased two years ago from Tom.

Fox Valley Fireball.jpg

This one also has the purplish coloration which I am tempted to want to cross with a nice kovachii. I can find some Rosalie Dixlers and kaieteurum species on line that display the purplish hues that this must come from. I don't think it can come from besseae. The NS width of my Fireball is about 8.7 cm on a second bloom plant so I think it is a good size for the cross. Crossed with kovachii, we would probably end up with something like a Glen Decker, but I think we a very interesting purplish hue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There shouldn't be any fischerii or schlimii in Foxvalley Fireball. It is the Jason Fischer analogy using kaieteurum instead of sargentianum. I am sure that Tom has been very careful in creating the Rosalie Dixler.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Back