More Vandas

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Grandma M

Now that I have my new rack put together I could add more vandas. These all came from Natts Orchids, bought at GVOS. I bought 9 plants that day. I gave myself a limit for plants and I only went $15 over the limit. He charged me the reg price even if they were in bud or bloom. I am in Vanda Heaven.

V-BankokBrown2-02-08.jpg
V-SacsanranGoldontree2-02-08.jpg
V-RatchburiSirrattanaXVMandavee2-02.jpg
V-KasamsDelight2-02-08.jpg
V-A-JohnFlower22-20-08.jpg
V-MotesLeprechanHaikuMint2-02-08.jpg

You did a very good choice!! Can you post the names, please? Will be a pretty Vanda-Wood in a few years!?? Jean

Sorry, This was the first thread, I read!!

You did a very good choice!! Can you post the names, please? Will be a pretty Vanda-Wood in a few years!?? Jean

Sorry, This was the first thread, I read!!

Jean

The plants I bought were:

A Saksanran Gold (yellow-in bloom)
A John De Baise (red-in bloom)
A Su-Fun Beauty
Pearreiaara-Motes Leprechan 'Haiku Mint' (I have never seen this one but he said it was an interesting plant and smelled good, sort of like mint)
V Kasams Delight X Doctor Anek(in bud)
V Bangkok Brown
V Pakchong Blue
V Ratchaburt Sirattana X Manvuadee (purple-in bloom)
V Thananchai X A Tubtin Velvet (reddish rose with spots-in bloom)

I wanted to get what I wanted from the show so I would not need to have them shipped. The weather was freezing, but I warmed up the car before I put the plants in. I also saved the shipping cost by picking them up.

Pearreiaara-Motes Leprechan 'Haiku Mint' (I have never seen this one but he said it was an interesting plant and smelled good, sort of like mint.)

I had a compot of these - nice, easy growers, didn't make it to BS before the deep freeze last year! :( Be sure to let us know!

A Saksanran Gold (yellow-in bloom)
A John De Baise (red-in bloom)
A Su-Fun Beauty
Pearreiaara-Motes Leprechan 'Haiku Mint' (I have never seen this one but he said it was an interesting plant and smelled good, sort of like mint)
V Kasams Delight X Doctor Anek(in bud)
V Bangkok Brown
V Pakchong Blue
V Ratchaburt Sirattana X Manvuadee (purple-in bloom)
V Thananchai X A Tubtin Velvet (reddish rose with spots-in bloom)

Marilyn

there must definitely be a multitude of hybrids from Vanda alliance!!
From your selection, I just have V. Manuvadee
vandamanuvadee458150709ju0.jpg

these last years often with flowers this like:
vandamanuvadee458150709bk0.jpg

and V. Sunny's Delight (spiking )
vandasunnysdelight46067st7.jpg

But I like them!! If only, they would not grow to monster sizes!! Jean

I like your Sunny Delight. It really does look sunny. I have Princess Mikasa 'Indigo' in bloom now. You may like that one because it stays small. This is the second blooming for me and it is still only 13 inches tall. It had more flowers but some of them have fallen of already.

If you wonder what the red is in the basket, it is mesh which is holding in the lava rock. By using lava rock I can water only every two days but I mist the roots every day.

V-A-PrincessMikasaIndigoBsktre-size.jpg

.... I have Princess Mikasa 'Indigo' in bloom now. You may like that one because it stays small. This is the second blooming for me and it is still only 13 inches tall. It had more flowers but some of them have fallen of already.
If you wonder what the red is in the basket, it is mesh which is holding in the lava rock. By using lava rock I can water only every two days but I mist the roots every day.

Good contrast with the leather chair, and pretty basket, too!!

I still have Princess Mikasa on my buying list! But unfortunately, it is not the only one!!

Merci
Jean

Latest posts

Back