More stellar objects

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehanes7612

Reaction score
Took my new 10 inch reflector out for the first time. Realized that my german mount cant handle the weight capacity so I couldn't get long exposures on some objects like the veil nebula (which I had to shoot at 20000 ISO), this shot was still at 3 minutes and a narrow band filter and a bit of processing just to get some form, needles to say, it's very faint , although its one of the biggest objects in the sky.

For Andromeda, I was trying to get 30 (20 second 4000 ISO) shots (to stack) but my camera battery ran out at five, so the image doesn't have as much substance and color as it should. (In case you are wondering, my canon 6D can go to about 6000 ISO before it starts showing noise, but I gauge my ISO on how much I will crop. If I have to crop, I use less than 4000. Andromeda is larger than the moon when fully lit up, so no need to crop, it exceeds the field of view in my ten inch reflector)
And then there's the Eagle Nebula (red one). I found a new PS process for nebula. If you are interested, anyone with a camera and a tripod can do this.you should just have fairly decent viewing..to the point where you can just see the milky way. Although you can use sponge/dodge burn tools to remove light pollution in PS.
Here is the tutorial (15 minute video)

http://www.lonelyspeck.com/photogra...otography-image-stacking-and-lrgb-processing/

Andromeda Galaxy
21309316155_b5f5595e35_b.jpg

Eagle Nebula
21313939055_45c282f516_b.jpg

Veil Nebula
21287684626_943a98297b_z.jpg

Interesting. I know Zip about Astronomy. Now I have to do some research.

this is where the internet is your friend...netflix has the Cosmos series Neil De Grasse Tyson hosted and youtube has tons of videos on every subject in astronomy

Imo, This just proves how small our little world is or galaxy, comparing to infinite number of other galaxies, we are primitive in terms of real technology, traveling to other galaxie, or are so selfish "human race" that we don't share this technology with other fellow man

I think you're doing fine, Ed. A human being on a budget
can't quite do Hubble quality pictures, but you'll get there
(or close) some day. In the meantime, I really enjoy
your look at the universe. There's simply got to be intelligent life out there somewhere.

I love it!
Ill need to try it on my 6D somewhere without light pollution (there's a challenge)

Brisbane has an astronomy club. Go to their website and check out the sites they have their star parties and visit those sites during the new moon times Usually a half hour out of the city...an hour is better though.

Latest posts

Back