More Sad News from Another of our Members

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ron-NY, could please pass on my regards to John. Having lost my entire Cymbidium collect & sales etc, (10000+ plants ) under similar circumstances I know exactly how he feels. Having read the responses to the crisis in this forum, my faith in humanity continues to climb. I wasn't the recipient of such kindness from so many, no as much as phone call. I am not in a position to assist John myself except for a kind word of encouragement and praise those able to help.
Roy.
Roy, I will. Sorry to hear that you had to go through a similar situation.

Ron-NY, could please pass on my regards to John. Having lost my entire Cymbidium collect & sales etc, (10000+ plants ) under similar circumstances I know exactly how he feels. Having read the responses to the crisis in this forum, my faith in humanity continues to climb. I wasn't the recipient of such kindness from so many, no as much as phone call. I am not in a position to assist John myself except for a kind word of encouragement and praise those able to help.
Roy.
I can't imagine how devastating that must have been.

I just heard from John. he said not to worry about personal checks:

"I phoned my bank (Royal Bank of Canada) and explained my situation and that people wanted to send me personal cheques from the USA. I asked if I there would be any problem with negotiating these cheques, even though they were drawn on a USA bank account. I was told "No, there is no problem in doing that". It might in cases of very large amounts, take up to 15 days to clear; but, there is no chance of the cheques being refused. Also, of course, the cheque amount will be converted into Canadian dollars when it is deposited into my account.......and there is no charge for doing that....and there is no handling fees whatsoever either. So, a simple, personal cheque is just fine. I will get the full amount intended by the giver and there are no fees to eat away at it either!"- John Marcotte

I am still willing to take Paypal donations for those who would rather send money that way, I will get them to John via checks ASAP.

I can't even think how John must feel. I am able and will be happy to donate hunderds of plants to help get him back in business. I have hundreds of Vandas and a lot of other plants that I will ship just as soon as I get all the shipping info. Ron, please have John call me early next week and we will have him up and running in no time. I hope others will help as well. We are a real small community and need to help each other out in times like this. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Frank

Wow that's an extraordinarily kind gesture Frank. I am really impressed by that. We are so lucky to have someone like you in the orchid community!

e-spice

Hi all!

Last night, I spoke to Frank Smith of Krull Smith Orchids. He's going to be checking back with me in a few weeks when things are cleaned up and I'm ready to receive plants. At that time, he and I will put our heads together and figure out what he's got that he can send to me that I can use. Of course, different businesses cater to different customer's tastes. He and I discussed the fact that there's no point in him sending me anything that doesn't fit my business and which the bulk of my particular customers wouldn't want to buy. What a great guy!

Let there be no mistake, Frank Smith is one heck of a nice, kind, generous man! If I may be so bold; I'd like to request that you please support Krull Smith with your orchid business in the future. Bravo Krull Smith Orchids and Thank you Frank!!! Thank you so much!!!

John I know it wasn't easy for you to make that call.

Frank IS a great man, I have heard of other wonderful things he has done as well. Not only is he a great man he is also a great slipper grower with quality plants. I have admired many of his multiflorals and there have been many awards given on them. I have a stunning lowii in my collection from him. I also have a couple of his Catts as well. Check out this lowii!! This is the quality of his flowers. I could recommend Krull-Smith on both counts! Caring and Quality!

Paphlowii22.jpg

Last edited:
John I know it wasn't easy for you to make that call. Well yes; but, it was okay of course. I felt kinda' odd calling him under these circumstances; but, Frank is such a great gentleman, he made me feel at ease in no time. In less than a minute, I felt like I was speaking with a long time, close friend.

Frank IS a great man, I have heard of other wonderful things he has done as well. Not only is he a great man he is also a great slipper grower with quality plants. I have admired many of his multiflorals and there have been many awards given on them. I have a stunning lowii in my collection from him. I also have a couple of his Catts as well. Check out this lowii!! This is the quality of his flowers. Absolutely stunning Ron! Drool!

Latest posts

Back