More photos from Garden in the Woods

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
I've been trying to take more walks for all of you. :)
It's been great for my sanity this week. :poke:

A green Araesima (I butchered the spelling didn't I?)
img13741bc6.jpg

A nice variegated Solomon's Seal for Jon.
img13771dx2.jpg

No clue but I liked it and the photo came out okay! woohoo! (I have troubles with white...)
img13791fs7.jpg

I am falling for ferns...maidenhair
img13801gg1.jpg

Blue starflower I think?
img13821pu3.jpg

Finally,a pretty Azalea and Cyps
img13831bo9.jpg

Will put the rest of the Cyps in a different thread. Enjoy!

The "No clue but I liked it and the photo came out okay! woohoo! (I have troubles with white...)" Is Trillium grandiflorum but a double which I have never seen before...cool!!

Nice pics:clap: thanks for sharing

Thanks for walking for us :)

Ron-NY said:
The "No clue but I liked it and the photo came out okay! woohoo! (I have troubles with white...)" Is Trillium grandiflorum but a double which I have never seen before...cool!!

Nice pics:clap: thanks for sharing

Thanks for walking for us :)

Oh! Sweet! I wondered cause of the leaves but the petals, well, there seemed to just be so many of them....;)

Glad you are enjoying them. I am enjoying taking them!

The double trilium is great....I understand the blossums of the doubles last longer, because they are sterile.
This makes it all the more desirable for cultivation. I think I have heard they take on a more pinkish hue as they age also.

I'm pretty sure that the only native species of Arisaema are dracontium and triphyllum, so I'd be content with calling both Arisaema triphyllum.

*SIGH* I can't wait to have land to start my native plant garden. That confused trilllium is cool. The fern is Adiantum pedatum. Zach's got the right ID on that catchfly. Don't most cultivated Azaelas originate from Australia? I think the azaelas are some of the only non native plants GITW uses.

Latest posts

Back