more meyers paph seedlings

Discussion in 'Orchid Vendor Sales' started by cnycharles, Dec 4, 2009.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

1. Dec 4, 2009 #1

cnycharles

cnycharles

cnycharles

Peloric keiki

just got links to new paph established seedlings for sale at the meyers conservatory

paph appletonianum var. hainanense http://troymeyers.com/direct/?126289

paph wardii http://troymeyers.com/direct/?126482

first come first serve, they usually sell out quickly! there are lots of other seedlings available, and by the time you read this there could be more paphs posted as well
    (there are also paphs lowii, philippinense var. roebelenii, spicerianum and sukhakulii seedlings for sale on the established seedlings page https://lab.troymeyers.com/flasking/founditems.php?view=seedlings (hope the link works)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  2. Dec 4, 2009 #2

Clark

Clark

Clark

Thanks.
    Too funny, shopped his site Weds. On flask list for latest Phrags. Due mid summer.

3. Dec 4, 2009 #3

etex

etex

etex

Thanks. What a bunch of enablers!!

4. Dec 5, 2009 #4

Hera

Hera

Hera

I was looking over the lists. Is it common to have so many failures??

5. Dec 5, 2009 #5

cnycharles

cnycharles

cnycharles

Peloric keiki

don't know. I think most of the seed is collected as dry as opposed to green pod; I've been told that sometimes weak seed can be flasked but if it goes to dry, then with sterilizing it can become non-viable (at least with phal hybrids I've heard that). sometimes a flasking is listed as 'failed' if there aren't going to be enough offspring to make it worth the while to make a mother flask and then replates (makes it more so since the first flask is given away to the seed donor for free if they supply pictures of the parents; if only a handful of flasks or only one, then money would be lost in making attempt)

6. Dec 5, 2009 #6

Rick

Rick

Rick

3 of those Paph offerings are from breedings I supplied seed from.

If the roebelinii holds up like its parent then that one should be killer. It always has at least 7 flowers per spike, and sometimes has 8.

7. Dec 5, 2009 #7
    I just got a flask of villosum v. boxallii, from a pod I sent in last fall....couldn't see wasting a perfectly good pod when it came on a plant!....(thanks Baodai!) Troy seems to have more flasks available..the plants are very vigorous and there are lots of them in the flask. Take care, Eric

8. Dec 5, 2009 #8

baodai

baodai

baodai

Eric,
    Let me know if you want more pod, I have gratrix, armeniacum, villosum (red form), micranthum and a few special one ... it is self cross from the greenhouse (I love those bees), So, it could be in the mix ... let me know
    Thanks,
    BD

9. Dec 5, 2009 #9

cnycharles

cnycharles

cnycharles

Peloric keiki

if you had lots of species pods I might be interested in some, a friend in nearby orchid society does flasking now

10. Dec 6, 2009 #10
    Sure, anytime! .....but why not send it straight to Troy? Its a great way to distribute seed...the cost is minimal....and you could sell the plants from the flasks...