More Bloomers

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Grandma M

Z-StPeter9-2006.jpg
St. Peter last year

Z-StPeterwierd9-10-2007.jpg
St. Peter this year (Strange)

LadyIsabelShin-yi-PrideHirutissu-1.jpg
3 Paphs, Lady Lsabel, Shin-Yi'sPride, Hurtsutissum 'Shirley X Vai Virgens 'Moon Dust'

HelenKuDarkKnight9-10-07-1.jpg
Zygo Henel Ku Dark Knight
LcAhmadSheikiMendenhallXCwalkeriana.jpg
Catt. Lc. Amad Sheik 'Memedenhall' X C. walkeriana 'Sancha'

I'm really liking Hirtsutissum 'Shirley X Vai Virgens 'Moon Dust' as well, how about a pic all by itself?
Oh poor cunfused St. Peter!

They're all very nice but that Hurtsutissum 'Shirley X Vai Virgens 'Moon Dust' is to die for.

This is the second time it has bloomed for me, and it gets better each time. I'm waiting for it to put out 2 flowers, it is now a 3 growth plant.

Could you post a closer pic of the Hurtsut. cross?? That small glimpse makes me curious...

I also have that Hurtsut. cross. I understand it now named
Paph. Ripple. Here is a pic of mine. Thanks for looking.
Jim.

Attachments

• IMG_0566.JPG
    IMG_0566.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 20
Gilda

It was growing in a very strange pattern. One leaf seemed to form as a tube rather than a regular leaf, and much taller than any other leaf on the plant. Finally curiosity got the best of me, I slit it open a bit from the top. Inside were some crushed buds. The first two didn't even open, they were mashed. This picture is about the 3rd or 4th bud to surface. It looks like some more regular looking buds are forming now they they are free. Only time will tell what they will look like. I have never had any other phrag grow like that.

Have any of you had a leaf do that?

Gilda

It was growing in a very strange pattern. One leaf seemed to form as a tube rather than a regular leaf, and much taller than any other leaf on the plant.
Have any of you had a leaf do that?
I had 2, did surgery as you did & neither growth bloomed but the plants sprouted a couple of new growths & those are fine.

Eric - do you leave it alone? or slit it? If I didn't slit it, the new leaf had trouble getting out & started accordianing.

Back