Montclair Orchids???

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, I thought so. I looked them up. I live a little over a mile from the address I found on the web....shall I pay them a visit for you? Funny how their website doesn't have address or phone number.

Persephone said:
Ah, I thought so. I looked them up. I live a little over a mile from the address I found on the web....shall I pay them a visit for you? Funny how their website doesn't have address or phone number.

Yeah, see how there plants look. I just find it odd that no one has ever heard of them before.

I passed by today. It's a house. I left a message on the answering machine, saying that I lived in the area and wanted to know what he had available. I left my cell phone number. The guy's name is Frank. Just do a google search and you can get the phone # if you want to invest in a call. I didn't see a greenhouse in the back from what I could see from the street. I had to move on for fear the police would think I was casing the joint. :)

Hi:
I've dealt with Frank a few times. Each transaction was excellent, large healthy divisions.

Regards,
Gary

gary said:
Hi:
I've dealt with Frank a few times. Each transaction was excellent, large healthy divisions.

Regards,
Gary

Thanks Gary. I was hoping to see his collection, but I guess he works just from his website. Although, my friend seems to think that he lectures locally. If I purchase from him it would be much easier to just pick up the plants rather than to have him ship them. I'll give him another call during the week.

but then again, gary could currently be held captive in a pit in the basement of the scary montclair house and forced to say those nice thing.... "it says good things about our plants or else it gets the hose again" :rollhappy:

A lot of vendors in NY and NJ have to keep their businesses on the lowdown because local codes and neighbors don't allow commercial enterprises. Piping Rock opted to move from L.I. due to these conditions.

NYEric said:
A lot of vendors in NY and NJ have to keep their businesses on the lowdown because local codes and neighbors don't allow commercial enterprises. Piping Rock opted to move from L.I. due to these conditions.

You're probably right, it's in a residential neighborhood. I don't think I'll get a call back, especially if he has neighbors who might drop a dime on him. People going in and out of the house would draw attention. Pity.

Hahaha!

This is exactly why I don't list my address on my website... I gave it out at the DOS for a while, and kept having people cruising by my house or dropping by un-announced. I don't like the idea of people skulking around in my yard looking for orchids, so, as long as my orchids are growing at my house, I only give out my address to out-of-staters :)

- Matt

Not great. Still cold, but at least the snow has been melting for the past couple of days. Now we just have mud instead :)

- Matt

Back