Monster Les Dirouilles

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Grandma M

(Sorcere’s Apprentice 4N ‘Fantastic’ X Grande 4N X ‘Gigantea’)
It is in S/H and under 430w HPS light
I lost one growth on this plant so it is now a single growth plant. 3rd blooming period.

This is my 2nd plant. The 1st plant is older but not as large. I'm afraid that some day, not yet, one of them will have to go. They take up too much space.

5/11/07 Single growth (lost 1 growth) plant 49" tall, leaf span 49", flower 8' long - still more buds to open.
Z-LesDirrouilles25-11-07.jpg

Grandma M said:
(Sorcere’s Apprentice 4N ‘Fantastic’ X Grande 4N X ‘Gigantea’)
I

5/11/07 Single growth (lost 1 growth) plant 49" tall, leaf span 49", flower 8' long - still more buds to open.
WOW and 8 foot long flower...amazing ;) :poke:
Marilyn, they can be space hogs. but pretty space hogs

You should show the whole plant. Since I had only seen Phrag besseae hybrids I had no idea how big some of the 'green' Phrags grew. When I went to Steve Ludlum's loft I saw one 5' tall! Yikes if besseae got that big I'd be in trouble.

Eric
This is a bad picture but this is the size of the whole plant. It was much larger before I lost the other growth. They get a LITTLE larger than besseae but they are worth it.

Z-LesDirrouilles2plant5-11-07.jpg

nice! it's gonna get big!

NYEric said:
You should show the whole plant. Since I had only seen Phrag besseae hybrids I had no idea how big some of the 'green' Phrags grew. When I went to Steve Ludlum's loft I saw one 5' tall! Yikes if besseae got that big I'd be in trouble.
LOL. I was lucky. Early on in my orchid career, I saw a couple of gigantic slippers growing in a tub in the middle of a bench. The spikes basically arched over to the next bench..... :rollhappy: Kinda like a schom. :smitten: Some day I'm gonna have space for them and a jade vine.

Latest posts

Back