Mobile - Please note interest and platform.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

If there was a mobile Slippertalk app, what platform would you want?

• iOS (iPhone/iPad)

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Android

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Other (please specify!)

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Not interested.

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
M

Marc

Don't have a smartphone currently but I'm planning to buy one. Did vote though.

E

Ernie

Yeah, I'm with Rick H. I don't have a smart phone and don't want one.

G

goldenrose

I don't have a cell phone so I'm sure one can figure out my answer.

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
That'd be the please specify, I guess. I figured if you weren't interested you would not vote or would choose other and tell us, which you seem to be doing. I added one in though. We aim to please.

Shiva

Reaction score
I only have a cell phone at home but the only app I use is the call and answer one. :)

mormodes

Reaction score
I voted. IMHO this is the way to go. Even if we are all curmugeons who don't know a dang thing about the technology eventually we will. Adapt or die. I voted for both iOS and Android because if/when I get a smart phone it'll probably be android based. Right now I have an iPod Touch which I use all the time to access the web. Used it to post a video of a paph on the csnjc award page (gonna make you google it!) No its not quite ready for prime time, but that's the way to go. Why stay static? (Thanks to Jamie Lawson for the idea.)

C

Clark

At this time, I wouldn't be interested.
I am rough with my stuff, and buy the cheapest cell phone.

paphreek

Vendor
Reaction score
I don't have a smart phone, but will when I can have one that can carry OrchidWiz, AQ+, my photo files, and process credit cards. All for a reasonable price. Oh, and it should have a slippertalk app, too.:) Thanks for the great idea, Heather!

D

Drorchid

I am looking aa a G-2 with T Mobile service but currently use a 2006 RAZR! :p
I have a G2 with T mobile, and love it! I would have preferred an Iphone, but their rates are too expensive. I do have an IPod touch, so can still hook up to the internet with wireless, so I voted for both an android and an IOS version.

Robert

L

Lint

I have an Android phone, so if there has to be an app, I would like an Android app.

But I also picked "Other" because in my opinion, a special app just to browse a forum is not really needed.
Rather, a minimal "skin" or a web-app would be more sensible since it would work on any mobile device with a web browser.

A good example for an excellent web-app is the videogame forum NeoGAF:

Regular version:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Mobile version:
http://secondapps.com/neogaf/forumdisplay.php?f=2

NOTE: You have to visit the second link with a mobile device, otherwise it will redirect to the regular version!

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Interesting results thus far...

FWIW, I am really just trying to gauge interest here since the vBulletin folks have started offering something. At this point nothing is planned or in the works.

Ross - I have the Square credit card attachment for my iPhone, it's pretty cool, though I've only used it once to test it out. I don't have a lot of opportunity. I am really hoping the next iPhone has near field communication so I wouldn't have to carry credit cards and things with me all the time but probably not until the next generation out. Maybe…so the rumors say…:)

Wendy

Just me!
Reaction score
I don't have a smart phone. Mine is a good old fashioned flip phone that is only used to...get this....call people when I find need to contact somebody. I think I may have made 2 or 3 calls this month. :wink: Technology is leaving me behind but I don't reallly mind.

kentuckiense

Debaser
Reaction score
I'm going to concur with a previous poster in that I would much prefer the website be able to recognize I'm on a mobile device and format accordingly. I bet it would be cheaper, easier, and more universal than a dedicated app.

E

Eric Muehlbauer

Don't have a smart phone...not sure if I'll get one. But even if I do, I'm not interested in apps. My only reason for getting a smart phone (if I do) is that I'm fed up with losing my internet because of tornados, workmen cutting the cable, bad cable service, etc.

swamprad

Memphis Orchid Society
Reaction score
I already check slippertalk occasionally via my iphone, but it is somewhat cumbersome without an ap designed for the smartphone format. I'd welcome an ap for the iphone, and would probably be on here on and off all day, every day.

Latest posts