MM x Tarantula 1st flowering

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is incredible growing to flower it 5 years from flask. Nice outcome too. A 6 cm dorsal is an impressive size. Look forward to seeing the others in flower.

Strange time of year to be flowering these.

Given this clone has never flowered before, this is still a seedling. The number of growths is irrelevant. You certainly could enter it as a seedling at an orchid show. In fact, a couple of years back I had a phillipinense with a dozen growths win champion seedling. I could never get the thing to flower. Eventually it did with three spikes.

Thanks David,
I didn't realise that it was a seedling until it flowered. Definitely strange time of year for these. I also have six of 'New Horizon' x 'Raptor' in spike but they seem to have stalled. Maybe the daylight hours have triggered them to stall? I hope they move again rather than sitting there and blasting.

Thanks David,
I didn't realise that it was a seedling until it flowered. Definitely strange time of year for these. I also have six of 'New Horizon' x 'Raptor' in spike but they seem to have stalled. Maybe the daylight hours have triggered them to stall? I hope they move again rather than sitting there and blasting.

Fingers crossed on your ' New Horizon' x 'Raptor' seedlings. I think a lot of us will be keen to see how they turn out. You must be one of the first people to flower these. I haven't seen one in flower yet. I heard from others that this was a really slow growing cross, but obviously you haven't had much trouble.

I had a couple of multi-floral Paphs put up spikes out of season recently and they both ended up blasting.

I might try and ramp the heat up on them and see if they move. Out of all the crosses that I have these are the ones I have been waiting for. They have very wide leaves compared to most other crosses.

Congratulations, 5 years out of flask is incredible, amazing growing! 27 NS is great for a first bloomer especially considering the petals are downswept. Good flower count too, a real keeper!

Fingers crossed on your ' New Horizon' x 'Raptor' seedlings. I think a lot of us will be keen to see how they turn out. You must be one of the first people to flower these. I haven't seen one in flower yet. I heard from others that this was a really slow growing cross, but obviously you haven't had much trouble.

I had a couple of multi-floral Paphs put up spikes out of season recently and they both ended up blasting.
I agree, good luck with the blooms! I have a seedling from that cross that just sat there for a few years, but has suddenly seemed to kick it into high gear. It’s put out several very wide leaves in the past year. Fingers crossed I see a spike soon too! Seems like you really have the culture down.
TON posted a first-bloom seedling for sale on their auction site, it’s a little wonky, but it will be nice to see more of these blooming out (link).

Back