MK @ 70cm but only 2 flowers

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, I'm sticking to my guns on this one. This is exactly the result I would expect of a mating between a sanderianum with 103cm petals and a modern philippinense v. roebelinii with petals between 25 & 30. The geometric mean of such a cross is already well into the 50cm range.

Yes, that one is 62 cm and does look like a MK. In the Taiwanese award books this clone got a SM award in 2007 with a petal length of 52 cm. Obviously the award has been upgraded with an improved flowering. The GM award has not been included in the books for some reason. The dorsal is much more typical of a MK. Not narrow and elongated.

Do you have the names of the parents used? You just say they both got a SM award here -

MK(Phil SM x sander SM 103cm)

Yes, that one is 62 cm and does look like a MK. In the Taiwanese award books this clone got a SM award in 2007 with a petal length of 52 cm. Obviously the award has been upgraded with an improved flowering. The GM award has not been included in the books for some reason. The dorsal is much more typical of a MK. Not narrow and elongated.

Do you have the names of the parents used? You just say they both got a SM award here -

MK(Phil SM x sander SM 103cm)

Haiz.... we all have our own belief and judgement.. will drop from here..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, I'm sticking to my guns on this one. This is exactly the result I would expect of a mating between a sanderianum with 103cm petals and a modern philippinense v. roebelinii with petals between 25 & 30. The geometric mean of such a cross is already well into the 50cm range.

O/C you would stick to your guns and you entitle your own opinion.... No matter!

Thelink/Fatmama-Paphs, I would like to know the breeder info/history of this specific cross if you don't mind. The discussion here are all good....no one is attacking you or anything like that. You have a beautiful Paph. and no one is arguing that....You can call it MK or whatever. As long as you are satisfied with it, then that is all it is. Sometimes you post photos of your(or not) orchids, people may have questions or even ask for culture advice. You should expect that on typical orchid forums...not always just the fireworks, ooh and aah.

Thelink/Fatmama-Paphs, I would like to know the breeder info/history of this specific cross if you don't mind. The discussion here are all good....no one is attacking you or anything like that. You have a beautiful Paph. and no one is arguing that....You can call it MK or whatever. As long as you are satisfied with it, then that is all it is. Sometimes you post photos of your(or not) orchids, people may have questions or even ask for culture advice. You should expect that on typical orchid forums...not always just the fireworks, ooh and aah.

Parents plants..
7c794cc7780cec58ac4ba8fedd519826.jpgcef0fde9b1f93d8b0024d89fcd0c4a87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a cracker Chris ---- where was this from?? and how are your others doing?
Ed

This isn't my MK Ed - wish it was!
(My little batch of multis are doing well thanks. Pics down the line I hope!)
Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back