Mixture of recent blooms

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few more (indoors):

Dend draconis - just bought from my friend. Pretty large solitary flower on this plant and opening quite nicely. I love the sunrise pattern on the lip. This section of dendrobiums (Formosae) seem to grow and flower pretty well indoors by a bright curtainless window. The flowers last for months.

Habenaria rhodocheila pink - purchased last year in flower. Grown this year and flowered indoors, placed on an IKEA rack with supplementary lighting at night. There are a few more colours in spike. Medium is sphagnum + perlite, but I think they do better in compost-rich soil + perlite.

Cymbidium ensifolium alba - dainty little thing. Just got it yesterday :D Would like to try growing this indoors. It was potted in CHC but there were a few rotting roots. I switched it to pumice + LECA, topped with a bit of CHC.

Beautiful and colorful, but I adore Cym. ensifolium anything. I have the same Cym. and providing the proper
amount of light in my greenhouse for blooming is a bit
elusive. Suggestions?

Beautiful and colorful, but I adore Cym. ensifolium anything. I have the same Cym. and providing the proper
amount of light in my greenhouse for blooming is a bit
elusive. Suggestions?

Angela, I am not too sure how much light as I just got this one in bloom. I did grow Golden Elf many years ago, grew well under Oncidium / Catt light. I think ensifolium should be similar. These probably do not like to dry out too much since they have small pseudobulbs, but the roots are pretty thick, so coarse media with frequent drainage should be the way to go, IMHO. Most of the Chinese, Japanese, and Thai growers use pumice mixture to grow them.

Latest posts

Back