Mislabeled Paph

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaphMadMan

phytomanic
Reaction score
A recent purchase from eBay, this was labeled as superbiens x Pulsar. I don't think so. Looks like it has multifloral ancestry. Could it possibly be supardii x Pulsar? That might be an easy miscopy if someone is careless (or clueless). So far the vendor has not responded to my request for alternative identification.

unknown2.jpg

unknown1.jpg

Well, you certainly must have gotten the better end of the mistake, financially....a blooming multi x maudiae must certainly cost more than maudiae x maudiae...............Take care, Eric

I have a plant with similar leaves, philippinense X Macabre. Crosses between philippinense and Maudis were very popular a few years back. I don't think supardii has been used much at all let alone with Maudis but it's possible.

Good Luck

Well, while its annoying to get a mislabeled plant, I think you did well in terms of cost. I don't know what you paid for S&H, but $15 is a good price for any paph in bud.....considering what I see around here(at the place in Chinatown), the best I have seen for a Maudiae type in bud would be $25-45, for a multifloral hybrid $35-65.....so I think you got the better end of the deal...though it is frustrating not knowing the true cross.....Take care, Eric

Latest posts

Back