Miscellaneous stuff

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My haul from Deep Cut today.
A Phrag QF Maria from Piping Rock, a couple of Paphs (see below), A Cyclopogon from Little Brook, a couple of Tolumnias from Waldor, a couple Phrag Carol Kanzers from Ecuagenera, and a seedling Phrag dalessandroi hybrid from Main Street.

The 2 Paph seedlings. they were from a mini compot I got, can't remember where, and Glen grew them up for me. phillipinense album x godefroyae album. :)

Last edited:
I'm jealous of anyone who gets to go to orchid shows...anywhere! There is an occasional show in KY, but
it's always the same ole crap at every show and only rarely
a Paph. hybrid or two. *gnashing teeth*

Problem w/ some rot and thrips in the kitchen nursery, canh, Phrag klotz and flask of Phrag Josaphine Boneparte. :(

I see. I've just discovered this thread and instantly recognized thrips symptoms in the very first pic you posted in 2008:
Weird loss of leaf pigmentation on some Paphs!?
PA310706.jpg

[rant]
Too bad we don't have a decent pest and disease forum section specific to paph (i.e not the rehashed all-purpose S.Bottom pics) with sumed-up symptoms, attempted cures, and preventive behaviours.
Sometimes, the identifications are grossly wrong, or people don't provide the slightest picture (aka "there are black spots on the leaves, what is it ?").
Other forums are no better on that side.
[/rant]

I've noticed thrips crave for the purple underside of brachys, delenatii, micranthum, malipoense, canhii and the like. They may even like rung.

I would be deeply worried if I noticed that on my plants. Spring is coming, and they'll have much fun.
Btw, at the peak of their invasion, the most affected plants showed signed of erwinia. Guess the trigger...

Updates and other stuff:
Part of Pleione order. Big bulbs.

Gigantic NOID Phrag going crazy!

Bad photo of good color Tolumnia.

Restrepia purpurea blooming still

lockhartias have been in bloom for many months.

Salmon Phal w/ 4 blooms.

The NOID Dendrochilum has been blooming a lot! :p

We overwater so we don't have a lot of Dendrobiums. Maybe it would have done better if I removed and planted the keiki?

Nice blooms! Great Lockhartias and Dendrochilum, plants with bits resembling chains really appeal to me. And if you, uh, need any 'help' finding long-term housing for all those Pleiones, I might know a place in Georgia where a few could stay for a while... :drool:

I am surprised to see pleiones growing in an apartment in nyc? How to do plan on meeting their dormancy requirements?

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk

Back